Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20d Does Not Find Usb Harddisk

I am in no way  affiliated with this but I use it and highly recommend it...

http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition is a free partition manager software designed by MiniTool Solution Ltd. Our partition manager supports 32/64 bit Windows Operating System including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Home users can perform complicated partition operations by using this powerful yet free partition manager to manage their hard disk. Functions include: Resizing partitions,Copying partitionsCreate partitionExtend PartitionSplit PartitionDelete partitionFormat partition,Convert partitionExplore partitionHide partitionChange drive letterSet active partitionPartition Recovery.

and a + 1 on DB's post

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to use a USB 3.0 HD that I bought at Cosco.  The light came on the HD but it wouldn't work.  I read this post and learned that the HD was in NTFS format.  I followed the above post and was able to reformat the HD to FAT32.  My one question is does the HD need to have external power or will it work off of the MD20?

Thank you,

Kangrga

not a fix to your issue but more of a recommendation..regardless of the size of the drive you are limited to a max recording time of i believe 3.5- 4 hours so there is no point of getting a large storage external.  you can get a 32 gig sd card for 17$ on amazon. i would just buy multiple SD cards before I use a mechanical external hard drive imho. SD is smaller and not susceptible to shock damage etc.

I tried to use a USB 3.0 HD that I bought at Cosco.  The light came on the HD but it wouldn't work.  I read this post and learned that the HD was in NTFS format.  I followed the above post and was able to reformat the HD to FAT32.  My one question is does the HD need to have external power or will it work off of the MD20?

Thank you,

Kangrga

I believe that the HDD needs external power supply to work with M20D.

I have tried with 3 different USB powered HDD, with no luck. my old usb 2.0 HDD with power supply works like a charm. :)