Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unstore preset changes verification + save versions of one preset

raww

I noticed again how easy it is too loose work on a helix preset. At least 30 minutes editing a preset. Changing the name and press enter. Looked at my helix and the name was displayed. Switched to presets and back to the edited. Name was there but all processor lanes were empty. A little surprise to me.

Same if you ever accidentally switch to another preset, all previous changes are gone right away.

Very complicated is how I have to save preset changes and keep the old setting. Expected: "Save as...". Currently: take setting in Hx Edit, drag it to an empty space and copy it to there while holding ctrl. Then save my changes by overwriting the old setting. Feels a bit odd and unusual.

Is there any method to make editing safer or how to you handle variations of one setting?

7 minutes ago, raww said:

Is there any method to make editing safer or how to you handle variations of one setting?

Yes... you screw it up enough times, to the point that your aggravation level could split atoms. Then you won't do it anymore ;)...Eventually you'll just get used to periodically saving the patch you're working on so you don't lose everything accidentally. It may not be ideal, but it works. 

I think it took me about one day of working on the Helix to discover any changes to a preset were all in disposable memory until I committed them by hitting the 'Save' button twice.  Now I barely do anything without hitting the Save button twice.  Sometimes even if I haven't changed a thing.  It's like the old joke where the guy says to the doctor, "Doc, it's hurts when I do this" to which the doctor responds, "Well don't do that!!".

Push the "save" button on the unit twice in a row saves it in its current preset location. It has become habit to do this OFTEN. I rarely use Edit software to do changes to presets since I mostly tweak live performance/practice as needed.