Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm 2 Not Authorized

How old is your UX2? Older models came with a license for Pod Farm 1 (which I see you have). If your UX2 was originally licensed for Pod Farm 1 you may now have to purchase a license for Pod Farm 2.5.

I would contact Line 6 Support to inquire.

• 11 months later...

I've just noticed the same thing.  I'm stuck at home because of the corona virus and deiced it would be nice to record a few things.

I have a black faced POD Sudio UX2.  I bought mine new a few years back (circa 2011) and never really used it.  

On the line6 download site, the POD Studio UX2 lists POD Farm 2 (2.59 Released 8/5/15) under their free software.  If I look for POD Farm 1, they don't show any downloads.

On most of the preset tones I get:

POD: Farm Tone Load

Failed to load tone: Anatomy 101   (this line changes)

(Code 8000a002) Access a model that hasn't been added.

Sometimes I also get:

This model is not authorized for use with the connected device.  Use the model menu above to select a replacement model.

I'm fine with limiting my preset tones.. but most of them are not allowed and it's really hard to find any that are good.  Is there a way to delete the ones that are not compatible with my UX2?

Some of the sounds I do get are good and I was able to play around recording a few things, so it's kind of working.  

Good morning,
I have a POD Farm 2 Studio GX, correctly registered and purchased on 02/19/2017 on Amazon. I reinstalled the program on the computer and now it indicates that "pod farm 2 is not authorized".
What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.281a97e79ca96a5ea95f05d40e3682a8.png

Thank You.

Renato C.

Same situation

Bought a blackface ux2 off ebay, thought all is good. Tone farm 1 doesn't work on windows 10 and 2.5 is same as all else unauthorized.

Not exactly wishing to splash out 100 bucks to get the software

C'mon Line6 do us all a turn, what with being stuck indoors due to covid 19.

I thought the ux2 had a software agreement thing internal to the device

• 4 weeks later...

i just now had the same problem, but i could fix it by going to line 6 monkey, then clicking on optional-addons, run license manager and then it was loading for like 2 minutes and then it registered my pod farm 2 on my line 6 studio gx.

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem. I have tried all solutions from forum and nothing.

On 4/30/2020 at 2:30 AM, Slntpsych1 said:

What about if you used pod farm 2 with an ilok? I'm not seeing anything showing up in the license manager "add-ons" section even though my line6 account says I have pod farm 2.5. It's only started acting like this since i've upgraded to windows 10.

Unfortunately this solution as well does not work for me.

I have tried as well running all in compatibility mode with xp, vista, 7, 8..... nothing. 

All the time during the process of registration I can see Pod Farm 2 in the moment when the communicate appear with message: Connect and disconnect... - The Pod Farm 2 magically disappearing. For xp and others I still can see Pod Farm 1. For windows (lollipop) 10 I have empty add-ons field..

And in the pod farm 2  I have message that if found licence but you need to run licence manager. And we are in loop of nothing... :)

Corona lollipop, windows 10 lollipop... But Line 6 please! :)

Please help!

Best regards and lets stay healthy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have UX2 and i have license and i played with it around 2 years but today had a problem that it telling me i need to authorized but when i do it give me a massage say (error invalid parameter) i dont know why

4 hours ago, H_I_T said:

I have UX2 and i have license and i played with it around 2 years but today had a problem that it telling me i need to authorized but when i do it give me a massage say (error invalid parameter) i dont know why

Try to create your ticket in line 6 support, and wait for your message. Can be like, it was not available for your model and version - even if was working before.

Thank you Yamaha and Line 6. They said I can buy stand alone version. Moreover GX burned interface 2.0 on 2 of my USB 3 ports while upgrade. Now only 3+ interface is working. 

I stooped using this.

Good luck for you! :)

BR

Edited by looneydream
quote not included correctly

• 6 months later...

Ok I opened a ticket and their solution worked for me. This was their answer, hope it can be helpful to others:

when POD Farm 2 runs in trial mode, please de-, then re-authorize your computer via Line 6 License Manager and install add-ons if License Manager prompts you. Then test it again. If still in trial mode, repeat the de-/ re-authorization process of your computer. It should work then.