Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 m13, May solve running two amps in stereo

Staccatoman1965

A Gentleman from Raidial gave me an option for obtaining stereo using two guitar amps with effects loops. Have not tried it myself yet, but I will get one of these. See below, e-mail from Radial. Hope this is acceptable for me to post..

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your support and interest in Radial.

To play through both your amps at the same time and have them share a stereo pedal in their effects loops, you can achieve this with an ABY splitter like the JX2 or the BigShot ABY and the StageBug SB-6 isolator. http://www.radialeng.com/product/stagebug-sb6

The ABY pedal will allow you to split your guitar signal to the inputs of both amplifiers simultaneously, then you can take the effects send from Amp 1 into the left input of the M13, and the effects send from Amp 2 into the right input of the M13. The outputs of the M13 can then feed the corresponding effects returns on Amp 1 and 2.

Where the SB-6 comes in is if you run into hum or buzz coming from your amps – this can be caused by a ground loop since both amps are connected to a single pedal. The SB-6 isolates your amps from each other by sitting in the signal chain between one of the amps and the M13 pedal. The SB-6 has two channels, so insert one channel between the effects send and the left input of the M13, and the other channel between the effects return and the left output of the M13.