Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Nelix Native crashes is this normal?

eltoffer

Are you running a demo or authorized copy? For me (and I'm also using Logic Pro) after I authorized the software, it does not matter if I have wi-fi (IC) on or off. Native runs with no problems.

It is a licensed version just bought it a few days ago, you are telling me that you can enter the plugin window with no issues even with no IC? I have seen some users experiencing the same behavior, all may software is up to date, (MacOs, Logic and Native)

Yes, running latest versions of all, except High Sierra (not Mojave). I can enter the plug-in window with or without IC. I can toggle IC on and off when running it. No problems. I have no idea why some folks have problems and others do not. I wish I knew.

Are there any helpful tips in this message?

8 hours ago, eltoffer said:

It is a licensed version just bought it a few days ago, you are telling me that you can enter the plugin window with no issues even with no IC? I have seen some users experiencing the same behavior, all may software is up to date, (MacOs, Logic and Native)

Hi,

Native works fine for me using the same set up a “soundog” mentioned in the post above - High Sierra with LPX 10.4.4.

A couple of years back, when I first bought Native after running the demo version for a few days, I had lots of problems with Native needing to be always connected to the internet. I would not work without “phoning home”. It seems there was a problem with the authorisation - it appeared to be still working as a demo version even though it was registered.

This was the solution for that problem, quote from post in 2017:

”Waited until beyond the 15 days trial period and deauthorised the computer then did a complete uninstall of the Helix Native plug-in.

Launched Logic to verify that Native was gone and no longer available to use.

Do a clean install of Native and re-authorise the computer and login to my account which tells me I have a valid license that does not expire.

Done - no more pesky demo bits lurking in there and it looks like it is not trying to "phone home" each time you use it!”

You might wish to check that your HXN has completed the authorisation and doesn’t show it is still running as an evaluation copy.

Also, I would recommend that you do not have any software running in the background that may interfere with the registration process. Example “Little Snitch” or anti virus software which could block the registration.

If none of this fixes the problem, then I suggest you raise a ticket with support to make them aware of the issue.

Hope this may help.

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys for your effort, I spent all day long trying to figure out what's going on and this is my judgment:

I tried versions 1.50 and 1.60 and these versions worked for me with out IC then I update to latest version 1.71 and the crashes occurs again (it also happened on 1.70) so it has to do something with the update I raised a ticket since the first post and let them know what I found, maybe it also has something to do with the MacOS version who knows

4 hours ago, eltoffer said:

Thank you guys for your effort, I spent all day long trying to figure out what's going on and this is my judgment:

I tried versions 1.50 and 1.60 and these versions worked for me with out IC then I update to latest version 1.71 and the crashes occurs again (it also happened on 1.70) so it has to do something with the update I raised a ticket since the first post and let them know what I found, maybe it also has something to do with the MacOS version who knows

Hi eltoffer,

I just had a thought about this issue. It may be worth checking out and there is nothing to lose. Download and install a demo version of another DAW (eg: Reaper) and then check that Native will function correctly within that program. IIRC, I think some users who were having problems with authorising their HXN plug-in managed to get it to work using the internet connection via Reaper or even GarageBand. Once the bug was cleared the plug-in worked correctly without the need to “phone home”. Then when they switched back to Logic Pro it would no longer require an IC when being used.

Worth a shot!

• Like 1

Yeah, its starting to sound like an authorization file somewhere in the Mac files is getting rewritten or set to a value. Resetting it might be a fix. Or trashing it. But can't trash it if don't know what the file is, so using Reaper or Garageband is for sure worth a try.

• Like 2

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Wish we could help.

If it was me, I'd go totally non-linear. I'd 1) unauthorize the software, 2) trash all the Library>Application Support>Line 6>Helix Native files and the plug-in (in Library>Audio>Plug-ins>Components, 3) re-install the software, 4) re-authorize. You got nothing to lose at this point, methinks.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2019 at 8:38 AM, eltoffer said:

Thanks pal!! I've donde that 3 times and I even did a clean install for MacOS but still the same :(

Same thing happening over on another thread see link below - all my machines running native in logic pro projects for clients/myself are now essentially USELESS,,,,, line 6 have apparently recognised this a legit BUG they have apparently fixed said BUG already - there is no release date forthcoming from line 6, we just have to wait till they decide to allow us to use the software we purchased for the use it was purchased, seems fair and great way to build brand loyalty. thanks so much line 6 -     

6 hours ago, bobscribbly said:

Same thing happening over on another thread see link below - all my machines running native in logic pro projects for clients/myself are now essentially USELESS,,,,, line 6 have apparently recognised this a legit BUG they have apparently fixed said BUG already - there is no release date forthcoming from line 6, we just have to wait till they decide to allow us to use the software we purchased for the use it was purchased, seems fair and great way to build brand loyalty. thanks so much line 6 -     

Hi, again,

I don’t like to state the obvious, but I will - essentially you are screaming into an empty room!

If you check through these threads you will see the usual suspects contributing in the discussion of this “bug”. Believe me, we all feel you pain, but I seriously doubt that any Line 6 employee will hear your scream! Line 6 staff members rarely frequent these forums, even though they are under the Line 6 banner. Usually the people you encounter on here are fellow users, some with software and hardware issues and others who may be able to help solve problems. Currently, it appears that nobody in this group is able to find a fix for this “bug”, but it’s not from the want of trying. What makes this even more annoying is that many HX Native owners are able to run the plugin in Logic Pro X, and many other DAW applications on OSX with no problems whatsoever.

You have said that you have tried, without success, every variation of the suggested options for a fix which have been offered in these threads. In that case I’m at a loss as how it’s possible to assist any further. Honestly, I really do wish there was a simple answer to this situation.

If you really want a reaction to your situation, I will state again, you really need to take it to the top man. Get on the Facebook page and post you complaint, out in public, for the attention of Frank Ritchotte. If that doesn’t get a response, then nothing will. Scream where someone will hear!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/line6helixusergroup/

Hope this helps.

• Like 1