Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp: Switch presets in stomp box mode w/ foot?

thestringslinger

Hey ya'll,

I searched the forums for this exact question and haven't had any luck yet.  I'm still fairly new to the HX Stomp.  I wish to move through the Presets (i.e. 35b, 35c, 36a, 37b, etc), while in stompbox mode, with my foot instead of bending down to turn the top wheel.  Is that possible with an external pedal of some kind, or is there a way within the Stomp itself?  Maybe I completely missed this in the manual.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, thestringslinger said:

Hey ya'll,

I searched the forums for this exact question and haven't had any luck yet.  I'm still fairly new to the HX Stomp.  I wish to move through the Presets (i.e. 35b, 35c, 36a, 37b, etc), while in stompbox mode, with my foot instead of bending down to turn the top wheel.  Is that possible with an external pedal of some kind, or is there a way within the Stomp itself?  Maybe I completely missed this in the manual.  Thanks!

There is no way to do it without bending over with just the Stomp itself.

If you want that functionality, the easiest way is to add a dual foot switch.  You can then set it to move up one preset or down one preset in the global settings. 

My favorite way though is to have the dual switch swap through footswitch modes (stomp, snapshot, preset, and one other I can't remember the name of). Then you can move to preset mode with the switch, use the Stomp's main buttons to select your preset, and then hit the dual switch again to get back to snapshot or stomp mode. 

On 4/4/2019 at 12:33 AM, Kilrahi said:

There is no way to do it without bending over with just the Stomp itself.

If you want that functionality, the easiest way is to add a dual foot switch.  You can then set it to move up one preset or down one preset in the global settings. 

My favorite way though is to have the dual switch swap through footswitch modes (stomp, snapshot, preset, and one other I can't remember the name of). Then you can move to preset mode with the switch, use the Stomp's main buttons to select your preset, and then hit the dual switch again to get back to snapshot or stomp mode. 

Thanks for the reply Kilrahi.  I'm going to go the dual switch route.  I like being able to see what two blocks are assigned to FS 1 & 2 in stomp mode.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Here is a little gimmick that could do the trick, i just found that

https://decreebass.wixsite.com/jmlofficial/mode-mod

or also you can use external  footswtich to controle FS-4/FS-5 od HX Stomp (those are dedicated to external footswitches) and assign them the function of changing

the mod. The mosky dual switch will work fine for this use if you use a stereo patch cable.

Hope it will help !

• 3 months later...
On 6/6/2020 at 3:05 AM, Edax said:

Here is a little gimmick that could do the trick, i just found that

https://decreebass.wixsite.com/jmlofficial/mode-mod

or also you can use external  footswtich to controle FS-4/FS-5 od HX Stomp (those are dedicated to external footswitches) and assign them the function of changing

the mod. The mosky dual switch will work fine for this use if you use a stereo patch cable.

Hope it will help !

I came up with a different method. 

Grab a finger splint from CVS and use double sided tape. This way you don't have to cycle through every time. Just hit right side, select your preset, hit left side and you're back in Stomp mode. 

Stompmod1.JPG

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I don't know if this is still vacant but maybe just a few thoughts how this is working quite nicely at my end.

If you're using a computer a very useful tool is the TransMIDIfier - probably well known here - there you can define Inputs and Outputs and turn your computer into a powerful MIDI hub. That is the way how I was able to use Line6 FBV Express MKII to control the HX Stomp.

You can set is up as follows utilizing its own software:

Volume = CC80

Switch to Wah = CC11 Toggle between 0/127 tu turn on Wah block or control the volume.

Wah = CC16

Preset Down/Up = Program Changes on a regular MIDI Channel 1

Bypass = CC70 Toggle between 0/127

All of this works i.e. also perfectly same way with the Source Audio Sloleman which has traditional MIDI connectors. You can also connet extensions, expression pedals and so on to it, it's  great tool for MIDI!

Now getting MIDI to HX Stomp is a different story but here at least one option.

The BT/MIDI connector WIDIMaster is able to connect to any other BTLE/MIDI device without having a computer in between (i.e. with TransMIDIfier), but here I prefer a solution without having my laptop on stage.

So grab yourself at least one WIDIMaster and a second BT/MIDI receiver which can be anything, I'm using a Yamaha MD-BT101 here. So connect the WIDIMaster with the other one utilizing the WIDI tool on an iPad or your iPhone and you're good to go, no strings attached, the Soleman connected to the HX Stomp via Bluetooth over the air (WIDIMaster+Yamaha MD-BT101).