thestringslinger

HX Stomp: Switch presets in stomp box mode w/ foot?

Hey ya'll,

I searched the forums for this exact question and haven't had any luck yet.  I'm still fairly new to the HX Stomp.  I wish to move through the Presets (i.e. 35b, 35c, 36a, 37b, etc), while in stompbox mode, with my foot instead of bending down to turn the top wheel.  Is that possible with an external pedal of some kind, or is there a way within the Stomp itself?  Maybe I completely missed this in the manual.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, thestringslinger said:

Hey ya'll,

I searched the forums for this exact question and haven't had any luck yet.  I'm still fairly new to the HX Stomp.  I wish to move through the Presets (i.e. 35b, 35c, 36a, 37b, etc), while in stompbox mode, with my foot instead of bending down to turn the top wheel.  Is that possible with an external pedal of some kind, or is there a way within the Stomp itself?  Maybe I completely missed this in the manual.  Thanks!

There is no way to do it without bending over with just the Stomp itself.

If you want that functionality, the easiest way is to add a dual foot switch.  You can then set it to move up one preset or down one preset in the global settings. 

My favorite way though is to have the dual switch swap through footswitch modes (stomp, snapshot, preset, and one other I can't remember the name of). Then you can move to preset mode with the switch, use the Stomp's main buttons to select your preset, and then hit the dual switch again to get back to snapshot or stomp mode. 

On 4/4/2019 at 12:33 AM, Kilrahi said:

There is no way to do it without bending over with just the Stomp itself.

If you want that functionality, the easiest way is to add a dual foot switch.  You can then set it to move up one preset or down one preset in the global settings. 

My favorite way though is to have the dual switch swap through footswitch modes (stomp, snapshot, preset, and one other I can't remember the name of). Then you can move to preset mode with the switch, use the Stomp's main buttons to select your preset, and then hit the dual switch again to get back to snapshot or stomp mode. 

Thanks for the reply Kilrahi.  I'm going to go the dual switch route.  I like being able to see what two blocks are assigned to FS 1 & 2 in stomp mode.

• Upvote 1