Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Revv Generator 120 in 2.8

GingerLefty

I have to admit that I wasn’t super excited when I saw this on the list for 2.8, as I thought it was just a super gainy metal monster that I would have no use for. Watching Shawn Tubbs demo it has blown me away, and totally got me excited for this. Super smooth lead tones. 

• Like 2

I'm curious myself, but before anybody gets too giddy with anticipation, apparently only the "Gain 2" channel will be available with 2.8, with others coming "later"... which could mean just about anything.  Interpret as you see fit, lol. I'm assuming "Gain 2" means the "red" channel, but who knows...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

I'm curious myself, but before anybody gets too giddy with anticipation, apparently only the "Gain 2" channel will be available with 2.8, with others coming "later"... which could mean just about anything.  Interpret as you see fit, lol. I'm assuming "Gain 2" means the "red" channel, but who knows...

Yes I did know that. Still excited though. That channel sounded awesome. 

57 minutes ago, zolko60 said:

I can't believe that! That guy encourages guitarists to read the manuals. :D

Would this forum even exist is people read the Helix manual before posting? LOL

When I'm trying out new amps on the Helix I always go to helixhelp.com since they have links to the real amp manuals.  Helps a ton.  The Interstate's tone stack, for example, is very different and I never would have know if I didn't read the manual.  With an amp like this with so many options you HAVE to read the manual.

6 hours ago, themetallikid said:

Yeah I was excited, then disappointed that only Ch. 2 will be modeled first, but assuming its the Ch. 2 (of the 4) he demos, that's the sound I have the hardest time getting a tone I like audibly and feel wise...

They don't say "channel 2" they say "gain 2".... I think it's channel 4 (red) getting modeled, but could be wrong. 

As for the tone of channel 2 (green), that is darn close to a tone I use a lot... just a gently driven Timmy (Tee-mah) into the Deluxe Reverb normal channel. YMMV. 

13 hours ago, codamedia said:

They don't say "channel 2" they say "gain 2".... I think it's channel 4 (red) getting modeled, but could be wrong. 

As for the tone of channel 2 (green), that is darn close to a tone I use a lot... just a gently driven Timmy (Tee-mah) into the Deluxe Reverb normal channel. YMMV. 

Either way I'll be happy to play with what I get, and excited for the others to show up.

I'll try your suggestion for sure.  Thank you for that!!