Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Selling Helix Stomp after Native Promotional Purchase

Ecnarps

Hello everyone, 

I recently purchased a Stomp and then took advantage of the Helix Native $99 upgrade. Since I am mostly just recording at home I find myself never using the physical Stomp pedal. 

Is it possible for me to sell the Stomp and still keep my license for Helix native? 

42 minutes ago, Ecnarps said:

Hello everyone, 

I recently purchased a Stomp and then took advantage of the Helix Native $99 upgrade. Since I am mostly just recording at home I find myself never using the physical Stomp pedal. 

Is it possible for me to sell the Stomp and still keep my license for Helix native? 

Where you've already paid, you're golden.

Technically, you're supposed to have owned the hardware for 180 days in order for the promotional pricing to remain valid. Although, I think they're worried more about people buying a unit and returning it than selling it.

If you sell a unit once you've taken advantage of the promotional offer, the buyer won't be eligible for the Native discount.

35 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Where you've already paid, you're golden.

Well, not according to the Line 6 policy on this. As phil_m stated, a returned (rather than resold) device within the 180-day window exposes the purchaser to a Helix Native license revocation. Whether Line 6 chooses to do that is another matter but they certainly have the right to revoke.

1 hour ago, silverhead said:

Well, not according to the Line 6 policy on this. As phil_m stated, a returned (rather than resold) device within the 180-day window exposes the purchaser to a Helix Native license revocation. Whether Line 6 chooses to do that is another matter but they certainly have the right to revoke.

Well, and not to flaunt policy or encourage selling them, but it's hard to foresee this poster running into problems if they sell rather than return.