Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Command Center - Ableton live

Gytaxor

Hey guys and especially Helix gurus! :)

I have Helix LT and I am thinking about using it to control Ableton live for well, live playing :)

the idea is to have couple scenes in Ableton representing different parts of the song and jumping between them using Helix.

After messing around with couple approaches, it seems that for what I want to do something like this would work:

1. top four footswithes will be used to send notes to Ableton for Play, scene up, scene down, stop.

2. bottom four foot switches will be my basic stomps within a snapshot, so I can still turn stuff on and off - probably drive, delay, reverb and something.

I was able to set it up, but my issue is with command center settings constantly switching the values of the notes to one value particularly, thus making it ineffective for changing the scenes in Ableton.

It looks like it is caused by snapshots being in recall mode. In discard mode they stay set correctly, but that defeats the purpose of having stomp boxes in a snapshot, because in discard mode it always goes back to whatever it was saved with and that is not ideal for what I usually do.

So I do not understand what I am doing wrong or why when in recall mode the command center settings constantly change when switching the snapshots. Can someone explain that to me?

I am not very MIDI knowledgeable and I am also new to Ableton, but if I could make it work this way, it would be great :)

thanks for help!

There's a known problem relating to this, about which, unfortunately, I can't recall the details.

I set up a preset with four switches set to send notes - C3/D3/E3/F3. Then I changed snapshots and pressed the Note buttons randomly, but couldn't make the settings change as described.

What version of the FW and editor are you on?

Can you attach a copy of your preset so I can test it?

Thanks for the reply! Attached the preset.

Template ComCen.hlx

Helix 2.71

HX edit 2.60

in current state when I jump between the snapshots, all the notes are correct. As soon as I start turning them on and of and jump to another scene and make the change, then it changes the note to the C-1, which is the first note of my 4 buttons. It doesn't make sense, why it would change the note value on the remaining 3 foot switches to C-1, especially because it is not the default value?

BTW my settings are 4 footswitches - values C-1, C#-1, D-1, D#-1

Yep, that's the known bug. L6 is aware of it. HOPEFULLY, it'll be fixed in the 2.8 update. If it isn't then create a new ticket and remind them that you're not the first.

BTW - you really should update your HX Edit. It should be the same version as the FW.