Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx stomp 4cm help

lascasas

The cerberus is a unit like a tech 21 fly rig,I run it in 4cm also,but in a conventional order:

guitar———input of the cerberus

output of drive sections ——-front of the amp

Modulation section:

out send——-amp send

out return——amp return

the stomp have a diferent routing in cable orders,and i’m a bit confused how to use de 2  units together.

Well, I hope I understand your current routing right. I'd start with the following:

1. Guitar———input of the cerberus

2. Input of drive sections — out output of drive section >>>> left main in Stomp >> out stomp fx send >>> front of the amp.

3. Out amp fx send >>> input of modulation section >>>> out output of modulation section >>> in fx left return HX Stomp.

4. Out HX Stomp left main out >>>> in Amp fx return.

Use one of the Stomp's 4CM presets to see how to set up the Stomp's internal presets.

Well, anytime you use a traditional amp it limits you there somewhat. You probably wouldn't want to use a cab block or IR, just amp. To do it, deactivate or replace FX send block in Stomp so that the signal is going direct into Amp fx return instead of also going through pre amp. The one downside here is I believe it will cut off your modulation section of the Cerberus. 

If you wanted to use its modulation section and still Stomp amps and not real, I'd probably wire like this:

Guitar in Cerberus in.

Cerberus distortion out to HX Stomp main in.

HX Stomp FX send to modulation in.

Modulation out to HX Stomp FX Return.

HX Stomp main left out to Amp FX Return.

Place the FX send/return block directly after the amp/cab model in the Stomp.

With the above, I believe all Cerebus distortion should be before Stomp amp, and all modulations after. Your real amp won't have preamp sound.

That's assuming I'm picturing the Cerebus chain correctly.

Its a good idea to.and pan left to the amps return and right to FOH with an IR....and no mic needed,just real cab to monitoring.thanks once again for the help .cerberus is a great unit,and the possibilities to use in cunjuction with The HXS Would  be awesome!!