Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

jamminforever

Hello all, been having some frustrating issues with my POD 500. First off, my setup.

Mesa Boogie Mark V head

Mesa Boogie Recto 2x12 horiz cab

pod hd 500

RUNNING IN 4 cable method.

It seems as if sometimes, everything sounds great, and I'll have a great show or practice. There are a few other times when I'll get volume drops when engaging the effects loop of my amp, and or my cleans coming out of my amp are really distorted. This issue happens with NO change to the amp or the POD 500. Does this sound like a defect issue with the pod 500? I mean, one gig, everything will sound great, no problems, and another gig I'll get volume drops, and horrible distortion on my Mark V cleans, which BTW, are some of the best I've heard! I haven't made any changes to my setup.

I'd really check your cabling first. Followed by jacks in the Amp and HD.
But, I have noticed patch differences with different guitars as some output differently to others.

You are on the right track if the above checks out with looking for what changed. Because if it happens only now and then, then there is a change causing it.  

Subjectively in bed before you go to sleep, really take a look at it. Scan the last few gigs.

You'll find the change.

Would the quantity and quality of the electricity supply cause this?

Don't you use the original power supply? I found out that the hd 500 need a strong ps. I tried some supplies other than the line6 and the hd 500 doesn't work with them. The 500 starts and restarts frequently.

Even sometimes - using the original ps - it restarts once when connected to the power supply.

The power supply could be a reason for your problems, but IMHO I don't think so.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys for not responding in a timely fashion. What I meant by power supply was not the power adapter, but rather the quality of the the electricity coming from the source. aka... wall outlet...

Also, I think it also may be as to what gets plugged in where. I run a rather complicated setup that i would like to get away from. I have a Mesa Boogie Mark V head, with a Mesa Boogie 2x12 dual rec cabinet. I use the pod hd500 in a 4cm method strictly for effects only. No amp and cab effects. I also use g50 relay wireless systems for 3 guitars, with one base receiver and 3 transmitters, each on their own frequency. I've been paying attention to what gets plugged in where... I try to plug my amp into a different outlet than the pod hd. So far when I do this, I find that I do not get any issues.

• 1 month later...