Rocco_Crocco

Looking for a cheap tablet to run the Firehawk App

My iPhone is really too small to be using at rehearsal and gigs. I'm looking for a cheap tablet, that is glitch free to run the app. Anyone have any recommendations they can give me based on personal experience? 

I bought the tablet linked below and it worked great. I'm also linking one that's even cheaper below it that I've seen recommended before (though I can't vouch from personal experience). 

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Wifi-Tablet-Black/dp/B075VSG1TQ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Samsung+Galaxy+Tab+A+SM-T380+Tablet+8&qid=1554740374&s=gateway&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07193VPNF/ref=psdc_1232597011_t2_B075VSG1TQ

• Upvote 1

@Kilrahi Thanks!. I am I was thinking sub $50... I am a cheap b@stard! I wonder if anyone is using a Kindle Fire? My wife has one I will try it and see. Turns out they're only $50.

If you’re a traveling musician who is tired of lugging around heavy equipment and spending time setting up pedal boards, then the Line 6 Firehawk FX Multi-Effects Pedal is an ideal affordable solution MyPrepaidCenter

On 4/7/2019 at 10:59 AM, Rocco_Crocco said:

My iPhone is really too small to be using at rehearsal and gigs. I'm looking for a cheap tablet, that is glitch free to run the app. Anyone have any recommendations they can give me based on personal experience? 

This may be an old response, but I'm currently using the Amazon Fire Tablet HD8 for over a year now, and it works pretty good. A bit laggy when selecting between channels, but it does the job. 

I too was using my iPhone XR as the remote, and it sucked.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:35 AM, Musketts said:

If you’re a traveling musician who is tired of lugging around heavy equipment and spending time setting up pedal boards, then the Line 6 Firehawk FX Multi-Effects Pedal is an ideal affordable solution MyPrepaidCenter

I'm considering the Helix Floor or LT, cuz the Firehawk 1500 is a heavy S.O.B; I have the carrying case (with the wheels), and it suuuuuuuucks lugging this thing around up-and-down the stairs, onto the stage, in-and-out of the car...jeeze.