Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Image/attachment allotment

rd2rk

Apparently I've maxed out my image/attachment allotment, so I can't post images or attach presets anymore. Very annoying. Anybody know how to fix or get around this?

There's a link on the new post screen "Manage attachments to free up space". That takes me to the "My Attachments" page which shows a list of attachments, but no obvious way to do anything about them! What am I missing?

13 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Apparently I've maxed out my image/attachment allotment, so I can't post images or attach presets anymore. Very annoying. Anybody know how to fix or get around this?

There's a link on the new post screen "Manage attachments to free up space". That takes me to the "My Attachments" page which shows a list of attachments, but no obvious way to do anything about them! What am I missing?

Hi rd2rk,

You aren't missing anything, it's just a damn fool, long winded way of deleting attachments.

Go to your "My Attachments" page. When you're there you can see at the top of the a page a "thermometer" bar showing you attachment quota. Then below is a list of the items you have attached and a method of filtering and sorting them eg: images or files, size etc. The left side column of the list shows your current attachments. The centre column which appears to be "greyed out" text with a speech bubble or envelope icon, this is where you need to click to select whatever item you want to remove.

Now this was where it seems a little strange.

When you click the "greyed out icon/text, it takes you to the original post where you inserted the attachment, once there you have to select the "Edit" option under your post. Now you're in the Edit window of your original post which shows your uploaded file/images in the drag to attach box. Place your mouse over the item that you want to remove and roll over to the "Trashcan" icon and click to "Delete". On retuning to your "My Attachments" page you may need to refresh the page for it to update the status.

Instead of a straight forward delete option, the whole thing is almost a reverse procedure of how to attach stuff.

Hope this helps/makes sense

I could have used some screen shots to illustrate this, but it would eat into my quota :)

• Like 1

AARGH!!!

I followed your directions up to "Place your mouse over the item that you want to remove and roll over to the "Trashcan" icon and click to "Delete".

I don't see a Trashcan (MAC thing?), but when I clicked the image and hit delete, it went away. Then I saved the message. Unfortunately, it's still listed in My Attachments, and I'm still maxed out. I've refreshed, Logged Out and Logged back in, nothing gets rid of it.

Any other ideas?

I've mentioned elsewhere how much I HATE this forum SW. At this point I'm sure that there's no moderator, or anyone from L6 looking after it. I'll probably have to open a support ticket to fix this.

AARGH!!!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

AARGH!!!

I followed your directions up to "Place your mouse over the item that you want to remove and roll over to the "Trashcan" icon and click to "Delete".

I don't see a Trashcan (MAC thing?), but when I clicked the image and hit delete, it went away. Then I saved the message. Unfortunately, it's still listed in My Attachments, and I'm still maxed out. I've refreshed, Logged Out and Logged back in, nothing gets rid of it.

Any other ideas?

I've mentioned elsewhere how much I HATE this forum SW. At this point I'm sure that there's no moderator, or anyone from L6 looking after it. I'll probably have to open a support ticket to fix this.

AARGH!!!

While this won't help you with your issue, it has inspired me to never attach another image again. 

For that I thank you. Your sacrifice will not go unnoticed by the people of this forum for years to come. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

While this won't help you with your issue, it has inspired me to never attach another image again. 

For that I thank you. Your sacrifice will not go unnoticed by the people of this forum for years to come. 

The Attachment Allotment function - A true reminder that no good deed goes unpunished.....

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2019 at 5:18 PM, rd2rk said:

AARGH!!!

Any other ideas?

AARGH!!!

AARGH!!!

I knew I should have included a picture - so here ya go!

Not sure if it’s a Mac thing- this is a screen grab from my iPad.

The “Trash Can” icon is the same one that shows up when you choose to upload an attachment.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Lots of users on here don’t like the way some of this forum software functions - including me! + No Emojis!

Regards

Edited by datacommando
Removed file - low on space - ironic isn’t it

6 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Lots of users on here don’t like the way some of this forum software functions - including me! + No Emojis!

What's really odd, is that it even has a spot where you ought to be able to insert emojis . . .

Hopefully it never got finished because Helix 2.8 takes all their time and focus. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

What's really odd, is that it even has a spot where you ought to be able to insert emojis . . .

Hopefully it never got finished because Helix 2.8 takes all their time and focus. 

Yup, that’s true - click on the emoji icon in the menu and it comes up blank. Pointless function!

Luckily, this forum software appears to be an “off the shelf” third party solution, see the bottom of the page where it states “Powered by Invision Community”. This should mean that it will leave the Line 6 coders free to perfect the firmware version 2.80 and beyond - yay!

20 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Not sure if it’s a Mac thing- this is a screen grab from my iPad.

The “Trash Can” icon is the same one that shows up when you choose to upload an attachment.

Yeah, must be a MAC thing.

Just now, datacommando said:

Luckily, this forum software appears to be an “off the shelf” third party solution, see the bottom of the page where it states “Powered by Invasion Community”. This should mean that it will leave the Line 6 coders free to perfect the firmware version 2.80 and beyond - yay!

If only! This forum SW has been around for a LONG time. It's never going away. Probably explains why all the real L6 people hang out at TGP, and NEVER come here!

I'm going to call and bother support. Maybe if I waste some of their time someone will make a note.

Well, I can DREAM, can't I?   [INSERT VIRTUAL EMOJI] :-)

Thanks for the help Datacommando!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, specracer986 said:

I never realized there was such a problem with attachments here. Can't you just use a third party hosting site like imgur?

Not worth the hassle for an occasional need. It would be better if the forum software worked the way it's supposed to.

• Upvote 2

DOH!

Would be better if user had a brain!

I was hovering over and trying to remove the image in the message. I needed to scroll down to the area "Uploaded Images".

I humbly accept my Homer award!

• Haha 1

_ ,___,-'",-=-.
       __,-- _ _,-'_)_  (""`'-._\ `.
    _,'  __ |,' ,-' __)  ,-     /. |
  ,'_,--'   |     -'  _)/         `\
,','      ,'       ,-'_,`           :
,'     ,-'       ,(,-(              :
     ,'       ,-' ,    _            ;
    /        ,-._/`---'            /
   /        (____)(----. )       ,'
  /         (      `.__,     /\ /,
 :           ;-.___         /__\/|
 |         ,'      `--.      -,\ |
 :        /            \    .__/
  \      (__            \    |_
   \       ,`-, *       /   _|,\
    \    ,'   `-.     ,'_,-'    \
   (_\,-'    ,'\")--,'-'       __\
    \       /  // ,'|      ,--'  `-.
     `-.    `-/ \'  |   _,'         `.
        `-._ /      `--'/             \
DOH!       ,'           |              \
          /             |               \
       ,-'              |               /
      /                 |             -'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DDDDDDDDDDDDD             OOOOOOOOO     HHHHHHHHH     HHHHHHHHH !!! 
D::::::::::::DDD        OO:::::::::OO   H:::::::H     H:::::::H!!:!!
D:::::::::::::::DD    OO:::::::::::::OO H:::::::H     H:::::::H!:::!
DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D  O:::::::OOO:::::::OHH::::::H     H::::::HH!:::!
  D:::::D    D:::::D O::::::O   O::::::O  H:::::H     H:::::H  !:::!
  D:::::D     D:::::DO:::::O     O:::::O  H:::::H     H:::::H  !:::!
  D:::::D     D:::::DO:::::O     O:::::O  H::::::HHHHH::::::H  !:::!
  D:::::D     D:::::DO:::::O     O:::::O  H:::::::::::::::::H  !:::!
  D:::::D     D:::::DO:::::O     O:::::O  H:::::::::::::::::H  !:::!
  D:::::D     D:::::DO:::::O     O:::::O  H::::::HHHHH::::::H  !:::!
  D:::::D     D:::::DO:::::O     O:::::O  H:::::H     H:::::H  !!:!!
  D:::::D    D:::::D O::::::O   O::::::O  H:::::H     H:::::H   !!! 
DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D  O:::::::OOO:::::::OHH::::::H     H::::::HH     
D:::::::::::::::DD    OO:::::::::::::OO H:::::::H     H:::::::H !!! 
D::::::::::::DDD        OO:::::::::OO   H:::::::H     H:::::::H!!:!!
DDDDDDDDDDDDD             OOOOOOOOO     HHHHHHHHH     HHHHHHHHH !!!