Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PC 112 Help someone? Fizz, Fuzz, and Lacking Punch?

dexemon

Hey fellow Helix and PC owners, I have had my power cabs since they were released, I played them at low volumes

when setting my helix up. I played one gig with them thinking they'd reflect my sound live.... NOT so... fizz, and trebley

and brittle sounding...  I recently tried tweaking them but no avail... I used to use Tech21 Powercabs and I got good

sounds from them. I'm really bummed out so far and am thinking I must be missing something.

For reference I normally play live Helix through a Duncan Powerstage 700 through 2 1-12 speaker cabs in stereo, they

sound massive. If I play bigger venues I use my old Egnater 2-80 Tube power amp, through 2 - 2-12 mini slants in stereo

which sounds amazing.

I'm about ready to dump my two PC112 cabs or use them for something else because they are just horrid sounding.

Can anyone clue me in to a way to get a useable sound out of them?  I am thinking that I might have to disable all my

speaker emulation blocks on my Helix presets to see if I can get a decent sound that way... I spent a lot for the pair, kind

of glad I didn't buy the plus and have this kind of problems...

For the life of me I can't get any decent dirty or overdrive tones out of these cabs with it sounding brittle harsh...

anyone??? Thanks in advance... last shot before I dump the cabs, they sure look great and are convenient

• 1 year later...