Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podxt Live No Flash Memory

• 1 year later...

My son's XT Live has the same problem.  When it powers on, the LCD screen is back lit, but displays no text.  The Red LED's on the AMP, STOMP, and MOD pedals is lit as well.  No other lights and no sound or anything.  We've tried to update it, flash it and see the same "question mark" next to the "Flash Memory" as shown above in the original post.  I'm assuming that this means the unit is dead?  Is there anything we can do?  Thank you,

only thing to try is either a power supply (line6 px2) or a trip to the service center...

in my own personal experience... i found replacement ended up being the option that made the most sense.

My son's XT Live has the same problem.  When it powers on, the LCD screen is back lit, but displays no text.  The Red LED's on the AMP, STOMP, and MOD pedals is lit as well.  No other lights and no sound or anything.  We've tried to update it, flash it and see the same "question mark" next to the "Flash Memory" as shown above in the original post.  I'm assuming that this means the unit is dead?  Is there anything we can do?  Thank you,

Okay,... the JPEG shows you have USB and an ESN. Good.

Looks like it might be related to the same IC chips as the person with the

3 LED problem,... but for a different reason. And with the age of the product,

I would say that are some solder points that should be check over as well,

by a Line 6 authorized service tech.

If you have the 3 LED thing going there, then it needs to go into the shop,

a Line 6 authorized one. There is a specific fix for that, service information

that the Line 6 authorized tech will be able to access.

When it gets like that, with the blank LCD like that,...

it needs to be taken in for servicing by a Line 6 authorized

technician who knows the product.

Log a ticket into your account so a Customer Support person

can take of it.

It's not something you can fix yourself.

• 3 months later...

Don't bother.

Even if you will be as "lucky" as me, for your Pod serial number to be in the short line (beginning with 5640-5719) that was declared faulty and said to be repaired, they do not have the needed parts no more. Support staff and the service told me there is nothing that can be done. People with this problem, myself included, may now officialy use their PodXTs as a doorstep.

When it gets like that, with the blank LCD like that,...

it needs to be taken in for servicing by a Line 6 authorized

technician who knows the product.

Log a ticket into your account so a Customer Support person

can take of it.

It's not something you can fix yourself.

Well, not according to the L6EU guy handling my support ticket, nor the authorized service my Pod is still at. Service told me the parts are and will be unavailable, and the Support guys responded to my ticket with basic: there is nothing L6 can or will do. Even though they once confirmed that some of XT were manufactured with a flaw leading to these problems with memory.

I am a repair tech at Line 6, HQ.

The fellow you've been dealing with is pretty good, but he may have forgotten about his

particular chip for this specific problem. It's an older product.

He's on the inside,.... I'm just a bit more on the inside than he is.

The head replacement parts guy confirmed it for me earlier today here.

We have the chip. It's now a matter of the service center ordering it.

I've contacted the service handling my repair - it turns out that the chip was ordered and installed.

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem.They suspect bad connections on the motherboard itself or the circuit receiving signals from memory. The motherboard is unavailable, so they are going to get another XT to compare.

• 3 weeks later...

IDK, i hope the service does that when the usual solutions won't help. The EU support guys are awesome, they didn't know that the chip was already replaced and gave me its code for me to look by myself:)  I wish i had came across You earlier, i would have send the device straight to You in the first place! 3 long months gone and all i can do is wait.

• 1 month later...

So, the service did all they could. As their last option is to replace the motherboard, which costs more than i've paid for a new POD 10 years ago (over 350$ - not covered by the tech bulletin), i give up. Nonetheless, i'm really thankful for all the help and info You provided.

• 2 months later...

The,...

1) Red LED's on the AMP, STOMP, and MOD pedals problem,

(service center may need to contact me on this one, it can be fixed).

and the

2) "unkonwn flash" problem, 

... are two different things, from two different areas of circuits and functions.

Both problems need an authorized service center experienced with the product.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a xt live pod, I decided to do the firmware update for 3.01, but shortly after the update my pod does not work correctly. The AMP, Stomp, MOD, and Delay controls do not work among many other functions. Please. What should I do to get her back to normal? My email uenospower@msn.com

So, there is still some hope for my Pod? It is still at the authorised service in Szczecin - PWImpet. If there is anything else that can be done, could you please contact them to see if it works?

You need to contact L6 directly and/or start calling the service center. They are here, but don't get to every post.

I have a xt live pod, I decided to do the firmware update for 3.01, but shortly after the update my pod does not work correctly. The AMP, Stomp, MOD, and Delay controls do not work among many other functions. Please. What should I do to get her back to normal? My email uenospower@msn.com

You already started a different thread on this.

• 8 months later...