Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any effects like these in Helix?

tappistrt

I realize some folks still run a small handful of pedals to cover the effects that Helix doesn't do (or nearly as well.) I'm curious if there are comparable effects in the Helix landscape:

Digitech FreqOut: Multi-mode feedback generator. Very cool pedal. Gets written off by some folks as gimmicky, but I find it quite useful for more than just trying to sound like an 80s lead guitarist.

Greer Lightspeed Organic Drive: IMO one of the best-sounding light to medium overdrives around.

Walrus Audio Jupiter Fuzz: Just a good-sounding, versatile fuzz that can also simulate some sputtering, battery dying sounds. The new version can also do the glitchy clipping thing.

No on the FreqOut... as for the other two, there are a number of OD and fuzz models, but I don't think any of them are based specifically on the two you mentioned. Whether or not you'd find any of the others to be "close enough"... there's only one way to tell.