Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using FS6 for bits and pieces with helix lt

doctorwho2x

Hey friends,

Just wondering if I can use my boss FS6 to control either of the following -

Turning the wah pedal on the helix - ( as I hate pushing in so hard to activate it! I'm afraid i'll break it as ive heard that the pedal in the LT helix is prone to breaking

and also - Can i use the FS6 to view my snapshots? instead of pressing both UP and DOWN footswitches? 

Thank you all for your time reading my post.

15 hours ago, doctorwho2x said:

Hey friends,

Just wondering if I can use my boss FS6 to control either of the following -

Turning the wah pedal on the helix - ( as I hate pushing in so hard to activate it! I'm afraid i'll break it as ive heard that the pedal in the LT helix is prone to breaking

and also - Can i use the FS6 to view my snapshots? instead of pressing both UP and DOWN footswitches? 

Thank you all for your time reading my post.

Just set the wah to auto-engage. You can choose either "toe down" or "heel down" as your off position, then as soon as you rock the pedal... instant wah. No need to use the toe switch if you don't like it, and you definitely don't need a 3rd party pedal toggling it on and off... that's way too much tap dancing for a live situation. 

Not exactly sure what you're snapshot question refers to...If you want access to snapshots, just select a mode that displays them. You can have one row of presets and one of snapshots, one row of individual FX toggles and the other for snapshots, or all 8 footswitches for nothing but snapshots. But no matter what you choose there's no need for other pedals...

1 hour ago, amor4jc-2 said:

You can use the FS6 for a number of things via the EXp2 or Exp3 jacks, but I am aware of no option to use it to toggle between pedal modes in order to switch between displaying stomps or snapshots.

The LT has no EXP3 jack.

10 hours ago, amor4jc-2 said:

You can use the FS6 for a number of things via the EXp2 or Exp3 jacks, but I am aware of no option to use it to toggle between pedal modes in order to switch between displaying stomps or snapshots.

On the LT there is just an EXP2 input... and it is an Expression Input so as far as I am aware, without any resistance value the FS6 won't do anything.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:31 PM, doctorwho2x said:

Can i use the FS6 to view my snapshots? instead of pressing both UP and DOWN footswitches?

No... but I'll share my use of the Helix LT in case it might help you. 

• I set my home/preset screen to 8 snapshots in the global settings
  • MODE now toggles between 8 snapshots and 8 stomps
  • To access presets I just have to step on the "up OR down" arrow, not both.  Once I choose a preset it returns to the MODE I was previously on (snap or stomp)

FOR ME, that provides the quickest access (most flexibility) to all presets, snapshots and stomps. YMMV.