bearclan6

high E and B strings have weak output

my jtv 69 was playing great until the last two gigs when i noticed i had a lot of bottom end.  my high E and B strings had a weak output and when i tried to compensate by adjusting my tone knob it made the whole tone sound nasally.  anyone with this problem?

You should try to adjust the output of strings via Workbench HD (modelling sounds). You can do this for overall volume levels or even for each preset...

If it was working well, and then changed all of a sudden, then its likely an issue with the strings and saddles. I have noticed on my JTV-69S that sometimes the bridge saddles tip badly. Looks like string vibrations cause the adjustments to change. This has happened a number of times so now I check before each gig. You may also have dirt in between the piezo pick and the saddle. You should gently blow this out with compressed air and a light brush. 

What amsdenj said,... drip some isopropyl alcohol onto the saddle with a cotton swab,

then blow it out with canned air.

-Being that it's just two strings, could be set-up.

-If you do string pulls a lot, the nut slots for those strings may be wearing.

-Could be something deeper, for that, it should be serviced at a Line 6 authorized service center.

And for that, log a support ticket in your account. Dates of your guitar,... it's probably due for some servicing to it.

Hi!

I just bought a JTV-59 very lightly used.  I too have noticed string 1 (High E) is significantly lower in volume.  I can match it in Workbench with the other 5 strings lowered  -5dB.  Is that a significant enough difference to consider service?  

-I have not tried your alcohol and canned air trick yet.  
-Set up feels great.
-I think this is the 3rd set of strings ever.

-What's the nearest Line 6 authorized center to Kearney, NE?

-How will I find out the dates of this guitar?

Thanks for your help.  

-Dave