Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

footswitch toppers 11mm diameter

rudomat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I used to use button toppers for the top row, but ultimately got rid of them.  It simply takes practice to angle your foot correctly, and once I used the Helix enough, I no longer have any issues.  The button toppers get crooked over time, so that's why I stopped using them; they are more trouble than they're worth. 

7 hours ago, theElevators said:

I used to use button toppers for the top row, but ultimately got rid of them.  It simply takes practice to angle your foot correctly, and once I used the Helix enough, I no longer have any issues.  The button toppers get crooked over time, so that's why I stopped using them; they are more trouble than they're worth. 

Have to respectfully disagree, I find toppers invaluable. I have been using them for years on the top row only. I am a lead guitarist and a vocalist, and for up-tempo tunes where I have only a brief moment to glance at the Helix and make a switch I find them invaluable for upping my accurate switching hit rate. Never had them go crooked on me either although maybe you were gigging more frequently or using a different brand. Mine are just some inexpensive no-names.

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2022 at 5:45 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Have to respectfully disagree, I find toppers invaluable. I have been using them for years on the top row only. I am a lead guitarist and a vocalist, and for up-tempo tunes where I have only a brief moment to glance at the Helix and make a switch I find them invaluable for upping my accurate switching hit rate. Never had them go crooked on me either although maybe you were gigging more frequently or using a different brand. Mine are just some inexpensive no-names.

I know this is an old post, but what type of toppers are you using?

I use these

https://www.amazon.com/Jiayouy-Guitar-Footswitch-Toppers-Protection/dp/B0B3D6FNP3/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3CO49Z79FGW8&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.pP86hVqYB6o3D0yMIDlbl7Z48VRtgYSvmszmIAwCa3wh-ALUaDEnR8P87zwjUXP17y6fwjszdorScXPoSUQyTJ51xsxt-1HynXp_3UHsiKQCe5OmUIRiaobyUA-qZmqnB6hHHCeju0-BSprno15ZOmhX1pXp9bJ4XG2QQcEwUY9cY3HoTb23AZMLW7DVQ6cw.p8DAku3Ci658RcapQyJy9pEhq3VbdeJyutQ_6vtsQrw&dib_tag=se&keywords=line%2B6%2Bhelix%2Bbutton%2Btoppers&qid=1712754500&sprefix=button%2Btoppers%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-1&th=1

The only thing about them is you lose the capacitance function where you just touch a footswitch and the associated thing comes up. There are others with a set screw that has enough connection to the switch it will perform that function. So you can just touch it on the side of the topper and get the same result. I don't use that function so I don't miss it. And the clear ones allow you to see the footswitches color.

On 4/9/2024 at 1:06 PM, PaulTBaker said:

I know this is an old post, but what type of toppers are you using?

Don't remember where I got them from. They were less than $10.00 for a quantity of ten if I remember correctly. Just some off-brand. They are still working well to this day.