Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem importing ir's after updating

navyhippie

Hi to all, long time i've been here, but hey, if it works, it works.

So i just updated the latest one. Everything works fine, except i'm not able to import my ir's anymore.

I exported the ir's, and i see (after importing) that it is importing, but the slots remain on empty.

Anyone that can help me?

Is this an issue with importing all your old IRs or just new ones you are trying to add? If it is all your old ones did you run the full backup using the "Create Backup" command under "File" on the HX Edit menu before updating? When you do a restore backup it should replace all your IRs in their respective slots. Also, I don't believe that the standard firmware process deletes the IRs from the last version any more so if you just did a firmware update they should still be there and you don't need to do a backup restore. Is it possible you are still on the old version of HX Edit? Make sure you upgrade to the one matching your new firmware version.

Also it sounds from your description of the problem that you are not seeing the IRs import in the IR tab of HX Edit.  If you are not seeing them on the Helix make sure to twist the "IR Select" parameter while you have an IR block selected.

Also if importing the IR does not work through the HX Edit menu you may want to try dragging and dropping instead. Some users have even had to drag the IR to their desktop and then drag it to HX Edit but I have not seen anybody report needing to do that in at least a year or two.  Check that your firmware version and HX Edit match and I hate to say it but reboot both the Helix and the computer.

44 minutes ago, navyhippie said:

Hi to all, long time i've been here, but hey, if it works, it works.

So i just updated the latest one. Everything works fine, except i'm not able to import my ir's anymore.

I exported the ir's, and i see (after importing) that it is importing, but the slots remain on empty.

Anyone that can help me?

3 minutes ago, navyhippie said:

Ok, will have to look at that tomorrow. But still, if i didn't do the actions you are mentioning, still i need to be able to import (new) ir's. True?

True! Following Line6's firmware release notes and install procedure for firmware updates should leave your old IRs in their respective slots which saves a lot of time trying to restore them to the correct slots manually. Getting the firmware and HX Edit versions matched up should allow normal operation for importing new IRs.

I think a full system backup using HX Edit (not a bundle or series of setlists) includes the IRs as well as Global Settings. So if you want to be able to have everything as it was after a firmware update create a system backup first and then restore it.