jschirino

Drivers

Just purchased a Helix and here is no way my computer can read de drivers. I have try every possible way available on the web, even purchased a new copy of windows 10, and still can`t connect. Any suggestions? Thans

The Helix doesn't show up in Device Manager/Sound,Video and Game Controllers? If it does, what driver version is it using?

Have you installed the USB-drivers from the line6 website? https://line6.com/software/index.html

Install the Line 6 Driver2 or the HX Edit Setup(driver is included)

Try connecting it directly to the PC, avoid using a hub.

11 hours ago, jschirino said:

Just purchased a Helix and here is no way my computer can read de drivers. I have try every possible way available on the web, even purchased a new copy of windows 10, and still can`t connect. Any suggestions? Thans

Hi jschirino,

I guess this is a brand new Helix, (not pre-owned), but you don’t say what version of the firmware does it have installed. The firmware version shows on the Helix screen when booting up. If it is less than version v2.70 or 2.71 you should download the latest update which contains the most up to date driver for your Windows 10 machine. You can find details of how to do this by scrolling through and finding instructions in the thread in the link shown below at the end of this post.

Another thing to consider is, when your PC is hooked up to your Helix, it’s not unknown for the problem to be a bad connection over USB. There appears to be some sort of “voodoo” involved with “flakey” USB and the best thing to do is to try using different ports and/or cable, and in a worst case scenario even try a different computer. 

Hope this makes sense/helps