Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects in a wet dry wet set up

pooch5150

before your effects for wet signals, put a send block. mix it so signal is passing through it to the rest of the chain and to the send out put you are using. Plug the send into the dry amp. If there are stereo versions of the wet FX you are using you can just run them in the same path then to the main out puts left and right. If you are using mono effects either use them first and then go to the stereo fx, or split the path use the mono effect in both paths (if you want them on both signals)  then out to your left and right out puts. 

The physical connections would be outputs L and R into your left and right wet amps, and the send goes to your dry amp.

3 hours ago, pooch5150 said:

Does anyone know the best way to use a HX effects in a wet dry wet set up?  

How would the effects need to be set up?  Would they need to be split?  

Thanks

They will need to be split.  However, defining what the "best way" is kind of depends on what you'll be using for amplification.

The type of amplification matters, as well as the number of them. For example, are you going for two wet amps and one dry? 

I'm using a Friedman Runt 50 with a line out box.  From there input of the HX effects.  From there left and right out puts into a Carvin power amp.  Then into 2 cabs. 

That parts easy.  It's getting the HX effects programmed correctly.  

2 hours ago, pooch5150 said:

I'm using a Friedman Runt 50 with a line out box.  From there input of the HX effects.  From there left and right out puts into a Carvin power amp.  Then into 2 cabs. 

That parts easy.  It's getting the HX effects programmed correctly.  

Interesting setup. 

So, are you wanting the dry to come out of one of the cabs and the wet out the other? Or is there a third speaker I'm missing (i.e. is a speaker connected to the Friedman Runt 50)?

2 hours ago, pooch5150 said:

3 total cabs.  2  2x12s for wet. .  1 4x12 I'll be using for the dry.  

Interesting setup. As I understand it, the line out box won't send any of the HX signal back into the 4x12 dry the way you currently have things setup.  The way you describe it is a very traditional approach, and for it to work no magic signal chain is needed. Connect the HX effects to the line out box, the power amp to the main outs of the HX effects, and create a desired wet signal which will then be pumped out the 2x12s. 

However, it's not the way I would personally do it because I would want to be able to use the HX Effects distortions and have them be a part of the 4x12 and not just the 2x12s.  If you were to use distortions, compressors, or wahs in your current setup, they would only impact your wet signal and happen after the coloring of the Friedman. 

The easiest way to change this for your setup would be to treat it a bit like a four cable method. So:

1. Guitar in to HX Effects.

2. HX effects FX send 1 into Friedman Runt 50 guitar in. 

3. Line out Box FX output to HX Effects Return 1. 

4. HX Effects main left and right outputs to Carvin Power Amp.

You'll want to make sure each send/return is set to the appropriate line/instrument setting or it will sound like hot garbage - I think your line out box reduces its output to instrument level, so you should be able to set everything at instrument, but, I could be wrong. 

The easiest signal chain will look like this and will be single path:

Pre Amp Effects Blocks (i.e. the ones you want to be a part of all outputs and to happen prior to the coloring of the Friedman Run) >>> FX send Return Block >>>> Post amp wet effects (these are the ones you only want to have in the 2x12s).

If I have envisioned all of your ins and outs correctly, setting it up like this should give you a great wet/dry/wet right with pre Friedman dry effects happening before the FX send/return block, and post Friedman wet effects happening after the FX send/return block and only going to the 2x12s. 

• Thanks 1