Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

1/4 out and Xlr. Cab on one and not other

marceastgate

Had a good search but cant find the info guys apologies.

I want to run a signal chain with just a preamp from the 1/4 out into the back of my bass head and I want to run it to front of house from the xlr aswell but i'd like to ad a cab sim for the xlr out.

What is the best way to do this?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

all new to this so please bear with me

5 hours ago, marceastgate said:

Had a good search but cant find the info guys apologies.

I want to run a signal chain with just a preamp from the 1/4 out into the back of my bass head and I want to run it to front of house from the xlr aswell but i'd like to ad a cab sim for the xlr out.

What is the best way to do this?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

all new to this so please bear with me

To me, the easiest way is to split your signal into two paths right after your preamp. 

So it would look like:

Single signal chain >>>> Split into Path A & Path B

Path A >>> adjust the final output of path A to be "1/4"

Path B >>> add cab sim or IR of your choice + any additional post cab effects you may want. Adjust final output of path B to be "XLR."

I'd insert a SEND that goes to the back of your amp rather than use the 1/4" outputs for that.

After the send you would insert your cab/ir which makes it all the way to the outputs. 

Of course... if you need access to the volume control the option @Kilrahi provided above would be a better route. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, codamedia said:

I'd insert a SEND that goes to the back of your amp rather than use the 1/4" outputs for that.

After the send you would insert your cab/ir which makes it all the way to the outputs. 

Of course... if you need access to the volume control the option @Kilrahi provided above would be a better route. 

Yeah, as a Stomp user who has messed with the full stuff, I can't get my mind out of thinking in block starvation mode. lol