Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Broken LT Expression Pedal

NeedGASanonymous

I bought a Helix LT about a year and a half ago, and a couple weeks ago the expression pedal broke. I opened the Helix up and found where the pedal is mounted to the top, the metal had completely broken off, probably do to friction. I don't use wah a lot, usually I just use it as a volume pedal. And I'm pretty careful with my gear, so I'm frustrated this happened. I have heard that Line 6 is really good about fixing or replacing these units, has anyone else had a similar experience? Who should I contact in Line 6? (And sorry if someone else had already started a similar feed, I haven't checked) Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NeedGASanonymous said:

I bought a Helix LT about a year and a half ago, and a couple weeks ago the expression pedal broke. I opened the Helix up and found where the pedal is mounted to the top, the metal had completely broken off, probably do to friction. I don't use wah a lot, usually I just use it as a volume pedal. And I'm pretty careful with my gear, so I'm frustrated this happened. I have heard that Line 6 is really good about fixing or replacing these units, has anyone else had a similar experience? Who should I contact in Line 6? (And sorry if someone else had already started a similar feed, I haven't checked) Thanks!

Open a support ticket. Line 6 will send you a new one. This was a structural flaw that affected the housing of a small percentage of the first few batches of LTs. Line 6 has issued a lifetime warranty for LTs that have this particular issue.

• 2 months later...

I have experienced that same broken pedal on my LT. I sent it in and got a new one. This one is having the same problem after just two months. Very, Very frustrating. I don't want a lifetime warranty I want a unit that doesn't keep breaking

FYI- and food for thought. Registering the gear may seem a bit "ah well maybe later"... I've done this procrastination my self at times.

My 1st thought this morning after reading was Ummmm, I'm pretty sure that the older broken Helix (broken Pedal one) needs to be "Registered" on the Line-6 site before a new one is sent out. And I'm sure everyone here is an "Honest John" and that's not the point I'm trying to make. 

I'm glad that Line-6 stepped up to the plate on this issue- but I'm just wondering how Line-6 confirms without the unit being in their database?  The answer is, they cant. Thus the reason for Registering your new Line-6 gear when you get it!  Saves headaches for both parties down the road. ; )

you are so right. Thankfully not only is mine registered, but I bought a second party insurance policy that immediately had it replaced. So they had to acquire a new one through Line 6, which sent me the same unit with the defect. I am a gigging musician and just can't afford these kinds of problems. That said, I love the Helix LT. 

• 1 month later...

Line 6 I BELIEVE is offering free extended warranties on LTs that are registered.  I would ask them---they have been great with me. Replaced the second faulty LT with the bigger Helix. Thanks Line 6.   With both LTs I had, the pedal became increasingly tight until it snapped. If you are not experiencing that you are probably ok.

I must be the only one- bought an LT a year ago & average two gigs a month plus rehearsals - no issue at all with the pedal. The only thing I possibly do differently than some is I use auto-wah assign on all of the presets that need a wah. I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it (I ride the vol pedal constantly).

Of course I'm knocking on wood since I said that

:o)

4 hours ago, metroband said:

Line 6 I BELIEVE is offering free extended warranties on LTs that are registered.  I would ask them---they have been great with me. Replaced the second faulty LT with the bigger Helix. Thanks Line 6.   With both LTs I had, the pedal became increasingly tight until it snapped. If you are not experiencing that you are probably ok.

There's a lifetime warranty for this particular issue regardless if its secondhand, third-hard, fourth-hand etc... If an LT breaks this way, they'll replace it.

I've only seen one instance where they couldn't, and that was because the owner was in Iran. In that case, it's illegal for Line 6 to ship anything into Iran because of sanctions.

• 1 year later...

Mine just got broken and i am all the way from sri lanka i had my united already registed. do they still have that life time warrenty for me replace my unit. And i am a very poor musician in sri lanka getting down this unit cost me years of saving money. hope they stil have that life time warranty. 

On 2/22/2021 at 5:35 AM, Yasun94 said:

Mine just got broken and i am all the way from sri lanka i had my united already registed. do they still have that life time warrenty for me replace my unit. And i am a very poor musician in sri lanka getting down this unit cost me years of saving money. hope they stil have that life time warranty. 

Open a support ticket in your Line 6 account. 

• 2 years later...

I had the same issue last night. I purchased new in 2018 but I rarley used the expression pedal (it never really quite felt right). I think mine is from the same bad batch. Were the others in this thread able to get your problem fixed with line 6?

Line 6 support is incredible !

I contact the support, they answered me in 15 minutes, to contact the nearest service center for a replacement.

I went to give my broken Helix on friday. And because it's holyday time, the new one arrived today (wednesday).

Thank you Line 6 !

• Upvote 1