Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Trouble Recording Guitar And Vocals Through Ux2

Hi all, hope you can help.

I'm trying to record guitar and vocals at the same time through my Toneport UX2 but seem to be unable to do this. When set to just vocals, I can record that fine, when I set to guitar that's fine, but when I use "inst & Mic 1" as the source, the recording only picks up the guitar, whether I record on stereo or mono 1 or mono 2 it's the same result. I've tried going in to Ableton, Audacity and Adobe Audition and all have given the same result.

One thing I have noted is that in my hardware settings, the ASIO client reads as "none" and I'm not sure how to fix that. I've updated drivers but this hasn't changed. I'll be honest, I don't fully understand what ASIO and MME are so I may be looking at the wrong things.

Thanks in advance.

Record your guitar as "Sends 1 & 2"  On a separate track, record the Mic as "Sends 3 & 4"  Take a look at the UX2's ASIO driver and make sure that the sends are set correctly.  Alternatively, you can open up POD Farm and control the output mix from there until you get the hang of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Record your guitar as "Sends 1 & 2"  On a separate track, record the Mic as "Sends 3 & 4"  Take a look at the UX2's ASIO driver and make sure that the sends are set correctly.  Alternatively, you can open up POD Farm and control the output mix from there until you get the hang of it.

I have tried this but cant get it to work. Its been a over two years now since I bought the UX2 and several times I have tried to record two inputs at a time whether mic and instrument or tow line in and cant get it to work and just give up!  This is my third attempt and my first post. Can someone post a video how to do this. I am using mine through ableton via 64bit windows 8.

In POD Farm standalone (not plug-in) are you configuring the sends properly in the Mixer View?

In the Instrument View are you selecting the appropriate input sources from the drop-downs for paths A and B?

In Ableton are you using Line6 ASIO as your device?

In Ableton are you enable all 4 available inputs for the UX?

• 2 years later...

I am able to record both mic and instrument with the UX1:  open the stand-alone Pod Farm program, and click the "dual" button at the top.  You can then select "instrument" for the left input and "mic 1" for the right one.  You can then select an effect for monitoring, but the interesting thing is that you can select different effects for the instrument and mic.  The display of the effects in Pod Farm (where it shows pictures of the amps, pedals, etc.) has two horizontal lines or channels; the top one is Tone A, and the bottom one is Tone B.  You can select different effects, such as a guitar amp for Tone A, and a preamp and reverb for Tone B.  The Recording outputs in the mixer on the right should be set to "Rec-dry input" unless you want to record with the effects.  So, you can play guitar and sing, monitoring with effects, but record the tracks dry.  In Reaper, I select mono send 1 for the guitar, and mono send 4 for the vocal, depending on how you have it routed.