Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

True Dual Input And Portability

apriliarider

I have an older UX8 that allows me to truly use dual inputs with my JP6 and route the inputs differently inside a single effect. This is great because I can use the piezo input and the humbucker input independently. I was interested in the new POD HD Pro X, and the HD500X, but I didn't see any way to use dual inputs as I am doing on my UX8. Am I missing something or is there a way to use dual inputs on those products? And no, I am not interested in a Variax to do it.

I'd also like to take patches I've created in my UX8 and use them in a live scenario without the need for a computer. Is there a product that can do this easily?

you probably need to find an older used x3. there may still be some trade off, because the x3 will allow you to use pod farm 1 tones, but you may have to modify tones created on pod farm 2.x

you can do dual inputs on the newer pod hd's but you'd be starting completely over as far as tones go.

there is a microphone and an instrument input right on the front, as well as the line in on the rear (that can be switched to instrument/line as needed)

all very easy to see in the pictures on the product page: http://line6.com/podhdprox/

the hd500/hd500x has an aux input which is a second instrument input.

I think I am missing something. If I look at the specs on the newer HD series I only see a single instrument input. Are you suggesting using the line inputs on the HD Pro X? I don't even see dual line inputs on the HD500-X.