Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - Expression Pedal for Global Volume?

user-2890039

Hello HX Stomp users,

I hope I'm not the annoying new guy who asks something already discussed on the forum. However, I searched to no avail and decided to post here. Any help is appreciated.

1. I am wondering if an expression/volume pedal can be employed to control the global volume? I do see that I can employ a block for this but would rather have it applied globally, thereby keeping a block open.

2. If this is possible, what are the steps and what expression pedals are compatible with HX Stomp?

This is my first real modelling rodeo, and I am enjoying using HX Stomp as a part of a wet/dry rig with my Mesa. I'm that stubborn guy who loves a Les Paul Custom into a tube screamer through a tube amp. However, I have not reached the "get off my lawn" stage of life yet, and I find the HX Stomp to be pretty fantastic. I have not had a stereo rig in a long time.  The Mesa and Helix sound great together! If I can get the global volume pedal thing right, I can move between the JTM, Tweed, and Deluxe models that I programmed with OwnHammer IRs.  As much as I try, the volume is a bit different among the amp sims. I also want the ability to duck the wet sound and raise it as needed. That's the motivation behind my question.

Thank you in advance.

Don’t think it can be a global setting, but I use a Dunlop Volume X mini expression pedal and simply assign it as the amp’s “Channel Volume” controller so I don’t have to use a block. Allows me to keep overdrives in front and wet effects after.  When scrolling to channel volume on the amp block, do a long-press on the button and it will let you change it to Expression. This video shows how to do that. Neat trick. I used a regular TS cable from the aux port of the volume pedal. 

1 hour ago, Berry_B said:

Don’t think it can be a global setting, but I use a Dunlop Volume X mini expression pedal and simply assign it as the amp’s “Channel Volume” controller so I don’t have to use a block. Allows me to keep overdrives in front and wet effects after.  When scrolling to channel volume on the amp block, do a long-press on the button and it will let you change it to Expression. This video shows how to do that. Neat trick. I used a regular TS cable from the aux port of the volume pedal. 

Thank you. To confirm the gear, I can use Dunlop Mini X and the cable needs to be Tip Ring Sleave (TRS).