Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV 3 Pedal - Static Electricity Pop? Or Short?

Benj99

Im using a fbv3 pedal with spider v60. Bought both 2019. Using the looper.  I layed down my first loop and when cycled back to the beginning there was an extremely loud POP!  So loud i was concerned it would damage the speaker. Its done this on several occasions though not all the time.  I dont know if its a short in the  loop function footswitch or perhaps caused from static electricity.  Im mostly using it on carpet. I moved it to a hard floor for a couple of hours and no pop but im not certain thats it. On carpet the pop isnt consistent either.  I might loop several times no problem, but then POP! Im wondering if anyone elese has experienced this with the fbv3 or similar gear.  I wish i knew the answer before i go to the trouble of returning it to Sweetwater.  

• 2 months later...

If anyone stumbles across this out here in the wasteland I have an update.  I exchanged the FBV3 pedal and the new one does the same thing, so I believe I can rule out a defective pedal.  I think it must be static electricity.  Guess Ill have to rip the carpet out of my house and install hardwood floors.  

• 9 months later...

Hi Thanks for this. I'm just trying out my FBV3 controller and exactly the same thing is happening with the looper. The manual looper on my Spider V60 works fine. Given the point about carpet static I'm going to try and insulate and see if it fixes it. WOW just placed the board on a cardboard box and no popping. Once again thanks for the suggestion.