Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp through interface into HX Native for DI-signal

oobboo

Dear Helix-Users,

at the moment I use an Audient ID14 as my interface for Helix Native. It sounds good but in the past I used up my Helix LT as the interface and it sounded exactly the same as the hardware unit. But the latency for other vsts was very bad, so I changed to the Audient. 

At the moment I am searching for a mini modeling amp for bedroom use, so I was thinking that I could use the HX Stomp for that and on top I could use it for the DI-Signal through the line input of my Audient ID14. 

Is this possible? To use the Stomp not as an interface but just for the DI Signal through my main interface? Otherwise I would have to change cables everytime I use it at my desk. 

Greetings 

oobboo

Do you still have the Helix LT to test and see how it sounds? 

Sure, using a Stomp jacked into the Audient would work. But using the Stomp > usb > DAW would (theoretically) sound better. Why would it be a "change cables" problem. You should just have it connected via USB, and be able to select the Stomp as your audio input within your DAW when you want to record a DAW track.

Unfortunately not, so maybe someone here could test it for me. Or I ask in the FB-group :). 

The Problem is that I cannot use multiple interfaces at once on windows. I would have to choose the Stomp as input and the Audient as output, otherwise I would have to change speaker- and headphone cables everytime, sometimes multiple times per day! I think that will not be possible. 

OK, I see. I'd test it here, but I use an HX Effects these days. You could post in the regular Helix forum here. I'm sure you'll get more ideas and input....maybe a Stomp user could give it a go.

The Audient looks like a decent interface, so I would think you could get a good sound using guitar > Audient > DAW > Helix Native if all levels (guitar, Audient, HXN) were optimized. But you would know much  better than I since you have the equipment there. If so, that would be easiest!