Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

STAGE SOURCE SPEAKERS DISCOUNTIUNED

To be clear I  have  not finished building my PA system and was going with line 6 stage source equipment as well as helix floor for the guitar processor I currently only have  one LT3 speaker and was slowly building up my system  now I really  don't know what to do.  I was looking for info on the topic hoping  hat a new version is coming out soon  so I don't  have to start over  with  what I was planning on doing which would be very costly and frustrating.  

They haven't been discontinued. The sales reps for retailers often interpret something being unavailable in their system as it being discontinued.

They are in stock at Musician's Friend: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/line-6-stagesource-l3t-powered-speaker?rNtt=l3t&index=1

I don't suspect you'll see any more Line 6 branded PA equipment after the Stagesource series, though.

Hello, Thanks for the response!

My concern is  Sweetwater is a huge distributer of line 6  products  around  the  country! In  the past when  they  have  been  out of  something  they  let you know  that  more is coming in.  My concern is they  never  say  that  something  is discontinued unless it is. 

I am sure there is another one out there  but are they just selling  what they have in stock (which I would assume).  I wish  Line  6 would  make  this clear.

I believe they cut the price awhile ago. The question as to whether they were being discontinued came up on the Helix Facebook group last week, and Frank Ritchotte, Line 6's Sr. Director of Operations, replied and said, verbatim, " Absolutely not discontinued gang. " He's a straight shooter, so I have no reason to not believe him. There might be some delay in production or something, but they aren't being phased out yet.

You can also buy them direct from the Line 6 site: https://shop.line6.com/hardware/live-sound/

Thank  you for  the information I really  do appreciate  that.  I do not use or have facebook  but I will take  your word for it.   What I will do is  talk  to  my  sales rep  at  Sweet water and  push  for  more  detail on  why  he has told  me that.  If  wrong  that is just bad businesses practices and  as  you know  being  in my  shoes  I would hate to  buy something  that  is  only  going  to be  replaced in a month  with something better. 

Thank  you !

59 minutes ago, bobwysol said:

....  I would hate to  buy something  that  is  only  going  to be  replaced in a month  with something better. .....

When Line 6 went under Yahama's umbrella a couple of years ago it seems Yamaha decided that there would be no further development of the Line 6 StageScape/Stagesource mixer and speaker products. The Stagesource speakers are not likely going to be replaced with a new Line 6 product ever, let alone anytime soon. These Line 6 technologies are now in Yamaha's hands to integrate (or not) into Yamaha products. If you're looking for the next digital mixer/speaker based on Line 6 technology look at Yamaha products.

23 minutes ago, bobwysol said:

Well that is a much different answer then what you said the operations personal said at  line 6  on face book ?

No, it's not... Frank just said that the Stagesource speaker aren't being discontinued. He said nothing about future Line 6 products. I would have to agree with @silverhead, though, as far as future Line 6 PA products. I don't think there will be any more. First, Yamaha has a really deep and mature line of PA products. Also, Line 6 is primarily going to focus guitar products from now until the foreseeable future.

If you have some of the Stagesource stuff already, you really shouldn't be hesitant about getting what you need to finish your system. The L6 Link functionality is still unique, and nothing else is going to give you that.

I should also say that this isn't the first time that sales reps at retailers have been adamant that a product is being discontinued when it really isn't. I have seen a lot of these types of posts about the JTV Variaxes before... They've always been wrong, too (although, certain JTV finishes and SKUs have been discontinued over the years).

Thanks for the information.

It would be nice to finish off a system that is all the same and  balanced. I have  no disagreement there.

As of right now I have only one speaker a Md20 mixer and a helix floor unit and would want to build a full PA with the latest and newest tech out there around that. 

Unfortunately ,  I cant see why someone would buy speakers that are discontinued  by the manufacture.  

Where we politely most likely disagree  is when you  post a statement from line 6  that "absolutely" no way it is not discontinued.... ?

That means  they will be still making more and by the information given by there biggest distributors, that does not seem to be the case.

20 minutes ago, bobwysol said:

It would be nice to finish off a system that is all the same and  balanced. I have  no disagreement there.

As of right now I have only one speaker a Md20 mixer and a helix floor unit and would want to build a full PA with the latest and newest tech out there around that. 

Unfortunately ,  I cant see why someone would buy speakers that are discontinued  by the manufacture.  

Where we politely most likely disagree  is when you  post a statement from line 6  that "absolutely" no way it is not discontinued.... ?

That means  they will be still making more and by the information given by there biggest distributors, that does not seem to be the case.

Like I said, they've been wrong before... I trust Frank more than I trust them. I just messaged him on Facebook and he again assured me that they aren't being discontinued, and that Sweetwater is actually going to be ordering more. Your SW rep probably just sees what's in stock in their system, and they may have incorrectly tagged them as being discontinued... They should be getting more.

ff136cc9-90d8-4eab-8f46-f1b0b02e3e49.png

The Stagesource stuff is still pretty popular with Helix users because of the L6 Link connection, so there's really no reason for Line 6 to stop selling them yet.

I really  hope  that is the case I guess I will have to be wait and see

Thank you again I really  want  my helix to  sound great  in stereo and I am hesitant to buy  have you  played or listened to it in that configuration?

2 minutes ago, bobwysol said:

I really  hope  that is the case I guess I will have to be wait and see

Thank you again I really  want  my helix to  sound great  in stereo and I am hesitant to buy  have you  played or listened to it in that configuration?

Yep... Well, I have two of the L2t speakers, not the L3t, but, yes, it sounds great in stereo.

1 hour ago, bobwysol said:

Unfortunately ,  I cant see why someone would buy speakers that are discontinued  by the manufacture. ..

I have the M20d, 1 L3s sub, and 2 L3t mains. The system sounds great and I've never had any issues with the equipment. If I wanted a bigger system right now I would buy more L3 speakers and add on rather than start from scratch with a new manufacturer. That's why I would buy more, discontinued or not.

My Helix Rack sounds fantastic through these speakers.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:16 PM, bobwysol said:

You can take the blatherings of a retail sales rep as Gospel if you like, but all they're doing in regurgitating what shows up on their computer screen... they don't actually "know" anything most of the time. "Discontinued" could just as easily mean "we're not carrying this item anymore because the bean counters decided they don't sell enough". Doesn't necessarily mean that the product has ceased to exist. 

They exact same exchange has been happening with regard to the JTV's for years on end now. Some genius retail clerk tells somebody that they're not being made anymore, then they show up in here panicking about "No more JTV's! No more JTV's!" And they're still around...

I have now  seen them on the website magically...….. and I also got a survey sent to me to fill out  from there customer service manager. 

I will discus that the common  practice of  sales team stating that  there discontinued  is  not a very good one and  that they  should  100%  certain if  it was the case.

Thank  you to all for replying  it  was very helpful!

P.S.  Hello sliverhead  looks  like we are running  the same system. (m20d LT3 helix etc. ) I was wondering  if there are any settings in your set up  that  help make  the helix floor  unit sound full and in the room  with out the airy empty sounding  guitar  that I am currently getting.  

No special settings. I use the M20d factory preset for POD HD500 which is basically a flat setting, presuming that the external device (Helix in this case) is providing all the tone shaping.  Set the L3 speakers to PA/Reference mode.