Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best way to bypass the Helix for 2nd musician?

rfedeleo

Hello all,

I only have had my Helix for 2 weeks so I am very new to it. I am playing an Easter presentation and there is a second bassist for different sections of the program. I am the only Helix user but we all need to use the same direct input on the sound system. The input is an inconvenient location.  For the sake of the show's flow and to prevent the popping noises that occur when pulling out cables, I figure I can show  the other bassists how to put the Helix into Tuner mode while changing instruments.

Now the other bassists have their own pedal boards so they would not want to use the Helix for any effects. What would be the best way to bypass the helix so it basically is just a  pass through for their pedal board? Is it as simple as just picking a channel and deleting all the blocks? With no blocks, is it a true pass thru or is there some sort of modeling still going on somewhere?

Not sure if this would work either, but what if I set up a preset for the aux input  and maybe this way the second bass player's pedal board can be all set up and ready to go and he would just need to hit his preset on the Helix. I would make it even easier for him and put his name on the scribble strips! I love this thing!

Thanks