Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can i play the firewhawk through a spider IV

scullybhoy

I am new to line6 and have not used an effects processor before. I am a working musician and have recently bought a spider IV and am now thinking of buy in a firehawk FX.  I have mainly played acoustic all my career and do not know much about effects or digital amps. Do i need to use the 4 cable method for connecting it to my spider or is there an easier way ?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, 

2 hours ago, scullybhoy said:

I am new to line6 and have not used an effects processor before. I am a working musician and have recently bought a spider IV and am now thinking of buy in a firehawk FX.  I have mainly played acoustic all my career and do not know much about effects or digital amps. Do i need to use the 4 cable method for connecting it to my spider or is there an easier way ?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, 

It's not a dumb question, but the Spider IV doesn't have an effects loops so it would be a lot harder to do a traditional 4 cable method. You could kind of run some sounds through the CD/MP3 input but that is an unusual approach that takes a fair amount of fine tuning and the sound doesn't match exactly traditional 4 cable. 

You can certainly plug the Firehawk into the front of it, but you'd be stuck not using its internal amp models and post amp effects wouldn't be possible.

Really, the thing about the Spider IV is its kind of designed to be its own thing. It's not the best device to use with a multi effects unit (IMHO).