Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Midi And Computer With Spider Valve Mkii 1x12

lleichtman

Can the midi input be used with the eidtor program for spider valve MKII? I can get the program running with a midi connection and it recognizes the amp but when I try to send a patch nothing happens. So, is the only way to edit the amp from the front face because this is really tedious and you can't download anyone else's patches to the amp.

Hello,

midi In and output can be used to edit Amp Settings and loading Patches. You need a Midi to USB Adapter. I use the Midimate II USB Adapter. It is always connected to my Laptop. I edit most Amp settings via Computer.

So Harty,

Spider Edit can work via MIDI, that's good news.

What about FBV and MIDI at the same time? I'm thinking about changing presets with FBV and editing the with the computer. This is the most annoying bug in the edit software, for the non-Midi Spiders.

Thank you

I use  FBV MKII to switch between Presets, Wah and Volume Pedal while the amp is connected via Midi. You can use Midi and FBV together. So I can edit Amp settings with my Laptop (Laptop and Amp are always connected), while using my FBV to switch presets and using Wah.

Uber Guru,

It actually says in the Line 6 edit program that you can connect using a midi port directly to the amp. I just can't seem to get the amp to recognize the editor program. Is there a trick to doing this? I have a shotboard MKII FBV but I get a software issue every time I try to connect the computer. It tells me to load a missing program but there are no missing programs so I am at a loss. I wish Line6 would actually support their software or hardware instead of expecting everyone on line to do it for them.

line6 does support their software... you should try contacting them.... instead of "everyone online"

http://line6.com/company/contact/

currently... you're basically calling the pizza place asking for an ambulance at this point....

Uber Guru,

It actually says in the Line 6 edit program that you can connect using a midi port directly to the amp. I just can't seem to get the amp to recognize the editor program. Is there a trick to doing this? I have a shotboard MKII FBV but I get a software issue every time I try to connect the computer. It tells me to load a missing program but there are no missing programs so I am at a loss. I wish Line6 would actually support their software or hardware instead of expecting everyone on line to do it for them.

I use  FBV MKII to switch between Presets, Wah and Volume Pedal while the amp is connected via Midi. You can use Midi and FBV together. So I can edit Amp settings with my Laptop (Laptop and Amp are always connected), while using my FBV to switch presets and using Wah.

Great!

This could be enough to jump from Spider IV 75 to Spider Valve MKII.

Thank You.

Sometimes the Valve Edit Program doesn't recognize the midi connection, in this case I run Line 6 Monkey first, choose the correct midi drivers and run Valve Edit again. If you still have Problems try to reinstall the midi drivers on your Computer and unplug all USB devices. Look in the Device Manager of your Computer if Midi Drivers are installed correctly. If you have installed new audio drivers you also have to reinstall midi drivers

Every time I try to install a flash memory uopdate either through the FBV shortboard or directly through midi to the amp it gives me code 800000A and will not install. This is with restarting the amp in boot mode, restarting computer, every which way nothing works. Any help?

• 1 month later...

I have experienced the same issue and I found that it was the quality of the Midi cable and my user error in that I was not connecting the Midi cable Out to the amp IN and vice versa. I use a Yamaha Midi cable. I recently purchased a second Spider Valve MKII 212 and I have no problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...