Sign in to follow this  
Sonic-Imagery

Bank/Preset Footswitch Lock

I specifically use only one universal preset utilizing snapshots that I designed for live use with my cover band "The RISK". I'm currently in the process of integrating my Roland VG-99 within the preset to accommodate for acoustic modeling, alternate tunings and synth sounds, but I digress...

My main question: Is there a way to lockdown the Bank Up/Down (or Preset) footswitches? You see, I tend to be a bit of a bumble foot and have on numerous occasions hit one of these and moved on to a totally different preset that I would not normally use. This does not fair well come solo time and instead of engaging my solo snapshot I end up on a funk rhythm preset, ha, ha. My temporary remedy has been to copy my main preset to all other preset locations. This works OK except for the fact that my snapshot default is my Roland (Clean) one. So, if i accidentally engage either preset up or down footswitches instead of, say, my Marshall (Crunch) snapshot, I'll still end up with my main preset but the Roland (Clean) snapshot would be engaged instead. Maybe I'll have to design a physical footswitch guard...

Hoping that someone understands my particular dilemma and can provide for me an answer!

Thanks & Peace Out!

- JP

I completely understand your dilema, I really wish Line6 would put the bank up and bank down on the top row.  Anyways, since you don't need those buttons at all, I suggest making a little cover for them out of some scrapwood, spray paint it black, and velcro it down over the bank up and bank down buttons.  Low tech but it works!

20 hours ago, DBCrocky said:

I completely understand your dilema, I really wish Line6 would put the bank up and bank down on the top row.  Anyways, since you don't need those buttons at all, I suggest making a little cover for them out of some scrapwood, spray paint it black, and velcro it down over the bank up and bank down buttons.  Low tech but it works!

I would prefer the bank switches on my top row as well. It makes a lot of sense to put them there as when you are within a song the Helix is really optimized for snapshot switching rather than preset switching.

The assignment options are fairly generous already but I would love to see even more assignment options on all or most of the footswitches. There's still lots of room in the HX line of devices for the development of additional footswitch features like click and hold, double-clicks, mix&match and alternate views to be leveraged for additional flexibility in assignments. The downside of this would be that a failing footswitch would now have the capacity to create chaos although that potentiality should not stifle innovation. I can also see users inevitably complaining that their Helix is broken and did something unpredictable when the real problem is that they accidentally held a footswitch too long, double-clicked it, or ended up in the wrong view. I would still opt for the additional flexibility though.