Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

line 6 touch issue

anthdidj

I bought a line 6 helix stomp hx about 2 months ago and have been encountering some issues with the capacitive touch functionality. The touch seems to be activated sometimes randomly (maybe once or twice during a 30 minute session with the unit). It comes up with the assign footswitch message without me touching the unit. Anyone else had/have this problem? It's not the end of the world as I can just disable this function but still abit annoying.

On both my LT and the HX Effects I owned prior I turn "Touch Select" OFF in the global menu for normal use. I turn it on when I plan on spending some time programming the unit because it certainly has it's benefits... but I fail to see any benefit to leaving it on during rehearsals or gigs so I keep it off to avoid any surprises. 

I don't see this as a fault of the unit in any way... it's merely a side effect of a very "sensitive" feature & It's very easy to turn on/off. 

how do I turn it off aswell? I am in the footswitches menu of global settings and the options are stomp select, fs3 function, fs4 function and fs5 function. Stomp select I can only choose between touch, press and both. If I select press the issue still happens.