Jump to content
Retro-Rick

Helix Firmware Upgrade 2.8 - Blues :(

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, codamedia said:

 

Those that mix Coke with their Jack are forever banished from the green room :)

I used to work with a guy who put orange juice in his coffee. He was banished from the control room.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

I used to work with a guy who put orange juice in his coffee. He was banished from the control room.

 

Lmao...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time I got drunk was on Jack and Coke at a camp-out with high school friends. I drank one and it tasted, and then had another. The next morning we drove to the Waffle House for breakfast and I got sick. When I leaned out the window on the highway to barf, my glasses blew off and broke. When I got home my parents asked me what happened to my glasses, I told them we were playing hide and seek and I ran into a tree. I can't even look at a bottle of Jack Daniels now.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack and Coke - hey no worries man.

 

But you put Coke in a single malt and I'll hunt you down. 

 

Make that an Islay malt and I'll come at you with an axe.

 

( er ... axeFX? ) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Solstice! They might as well remove the Spring 2019 from the forum thread.... I happen to like my Bourbon and Coke, not RC or Pepsi if I can help it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bourbon.  Straight, no chaser.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hideout said:

Bourbon.  Straight, no chaser.

Absinth. 1 cube of sugar. See you tommorow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, d0stenning said:

Jack and Coke - hey no worries man.

 

But you put Coke in a single malt and I'll hunt you down. 

 

Make that an Islay malt and I'll come at you with an axe.

 

( er ... axeFX? ) 

 

The only thing you should put into a good single malt is - another one.

 

Try a shot of Talisker, from the Isle of Skye, and then another one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, datacommando said:

 

The only thing you should put into a good single malt is - another one.

 

Try a shot of Talisker, from the Isle of Skye, and then another one.

Talisker is lovely. 

 

When the chance arises ( and money's no object ) I'll go for a Lagavulin. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

I'm totally smitten with Stranahan's from Colorado.

 

Hi Mr. DI.    Have you guys arrived at the possible final beta to be dubbed as 2.8 as "hopefully" alluded to earlier in the week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

I'm totally smitten with Stranahan's from Colorado.

 

So THAT'S why the update isn't done yet! :-)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

 

So THAT'S why the update isn't done yet! :-)

Stranahan's or not, no one wants me touching the code in 2.8.

 

The release notes are mine tho'. As of this writing, they're too big to copy/paste onto forums or social media. We'll have to make an Knowledge Base entry for them. Here's the bit I'm most excited about:

 

Hotkeys

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects

IMPORTANT! The first time you update Helix/HX to 2.80, your Mac or PC may ask what kind of keyboard you have connected. Just ignore this and close the window.

The Command Center can now send QWERTY hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts with or without modifiers such as Shift, Control, Option/Alt, and Command) to your Mac, PC, or iOS device via USB. You can now control virtually any software ever made, including DAWs, looping software, DJ software, media players, lighting software, video software, browsers, or video games… with your feet... or when assigned to an Instant command, from any preset or snapshot recall.

  1. From the Command Center menu, select a footswitch or Instant command and turn Knob 1 (Command) to select “Hotkey.”
  2. Turn knobs 2-5 to select the desired keystroke. If the keystroke doesn’t have modifiers, leave knobs 2, 3, and 4 set to “None."

TIP: It's much faster and easier to program keystrokes from HX Edit 2.8. Open the Command Center window, select a footswitch or Instant command, and from the Command pull-down menu, select "Hotkey." Click the small keypad icon and simply enter the keystroke from your computer keyboard. Don't forget to customize the switch label!

NOTE: Just like a normal computer keyboard, hotkeys won't work unless the software or app you want to control is in focus.

 

Hotkey Templates

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects

To get you started with hotkeys, we've provided the following templates in 2.8:

  • Cubase
  • Pro Tools (Mac)
  • Pro Tools (PC)
  • Logic/GarageBand
  • Ableton Live (Mac)
  • Ableton Live (PC)
  • Reaper (Mac)
  • Reaper (PC)
  • StudioOne
  • Cakewalk
  • MainStage
  • QLab
  • YouTube
  • iTunes
  • Spotify (Mac)
  • Spotify (PC)
  • Apple Keynote
  • First-person shooter video games

Most software has dozens if not hundreds of available hotkeys; feel free to swap ours out with the ones you use the most. With clever choices and a bit of finesse, you may be able to run a recording session (or elaborate live show with lighting and video cues) without ever touching a mouse or keyboard.

  1. Depending on your type of Helix/HX product, follow the procedure below:
    • Helix Floor/Rack/LT—Press the PRESET knob, move the joystick left to select the Setlist column, select 8 TEMPLATES, and press the joystick. Hotkey templates begin at 06A
    • HX Effects—Press MODE to to select Preset mode and turn the Big Knob. Hotkey templates begin at 16A

NOTE: Updating the firmware does not automatically load any new presets or the hotkey templates; you must manually load them. See "STEP 5—Loading the 2.80 Factory Presets/Templates" above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, who do you have to blow to get a response from DI around here or TGP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

So, who do you have to blow to get a response from DI around here or TGP?

 

Depends on how big your tuner is and if its located in the editor or not.... 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

So, who do you have to blow to get a response from DI around here or TGP?

 

I have to assume that's some kind of attempt at humor, as there's a respose from DI right above your post, and he posts constantly in every L6 related thread over on TGP.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

 

I have to assume that's some kind of attempt at humor, as there's a respose from DI right above your post, and he posts constantly in every L6 related thread over on TGP.....

 

 

That was humor, I referenced a post in TGP with the question, and I don't see how the post you referenced answered it.

 

Thanks for the...respose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

 

 

That was humor, I referenced a post in TGP with the question, and I don't see how the post you referenced answered it.

 

Thanks for the...respose. 

 

We keep requesting smileys, but :-) will have to do!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

 

  • First-person shooter video games

 

That is awesome!!! 

Now if youtube turns to youporn, i could do all my favorite things in life (guitar, games and sex) with helix!!! Guys you just made my ideal wife!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In synopsis..

Helix :

takes seconds to turn on

is touch sensitive

is black

has many holes 

is economick

Is not complaining

If it could bring a beer, i would be the first man to marry it...

Well done line 6.

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, arislaf said:

That is awesome!!! 

Now if youtube turns to youporn, i could do all my favorite things in life (guitar, games and sex) with helix!!! Guys you just made my ideal wife!

 

36 minutes ago, arislaf said:

In synopsis..

Helix :

takes seconds to turn on

is touch sensitive

is black

has many holes 

is economick

Is not complaining

If it could bring a beer, i would be the first man to marry it...

Well done line 6.

 

 

 

 You've been spending too much time wiggling your mouse..... :-)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Digital_Igloo The small changelog looks promising so far :-)

Hopefully you have any further news for us soon.

In your first post you wrote „don‘t go looking for it“.

We did not look, should we now look away? ;-)

Just joking... keep cool and thanks anyway for your effort behind the big wall of silence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DI, will there be more templates?

for instance one for FL Studio?

 

If not, I should still be able to make a template myself for it, right? Or is this going to be limited to the software that there is templates for?

 

I'm very interested in controlling my DAW with my feet with shortcuts, especially transport controls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lachdanan0121 said:

DI, will there be more templates?

for instance one for FL Studio?

 

If not, I should still be able to make a template myself for it, right? Or is this going to be limited to the software that there is templates for?

 

I'm very interested in controlling my DAW with my feet with shortcuts, especially transport controls.

 

Hi, 

 

From what I read in DI's post, it looks like Line 6 have supplied Templates for a whole lot of stuff, although I didn't see FL Studio in the list that doesn't mean that a template cannot be created for that product.

 

To quote what DI said:

 

"You can now control virtually any software ever made,..."

 

That should do it!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, datacommando said:

 

Hi, 

 

From what I read in DI's post, it looks like Line 6 have supplied Templates for a whole lot of stuff, although I didn't see FL Studio in the list that doesn't mean that a template cannot be created for that product.

 

To quote what DI said:

 

"You can now control virtually any software ever made,..."

 

That should do it!

Yea, that is exactly what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being to presumptuous.

 

This part is the part that made me think if there isn't a template, that I can just spend about 20 or so minutes creating one for myself. Which is not an issue, I took a few minutes programming my razor keyboard to use the macros within FL studio. (quick ones like save, undo/redo, copy, and paste)

Being able to expand that with my feet will be fantastic!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it appears they didn't add the missing Command Center to the Stomp.

 

Bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, arislaf said:

In synopsis..

Helix :

takes seconds to turn on

is touch sensitive

is black

has many holes 

is economick

Is not complaining

If it could bring a beer, i would be the first man to marry it...

Well done line 6.

 

 

Would you like to tell a little more about your absurd prebuberant fantasies? Just no bleating goats near you??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, klangmaler said:

Would you like to tell a little more about your absurd prebuberant fantasies? Just no bleating goats near you??

Nah, goats are not my style mate, they run to fast for me :) Could tell you my fantasies, and those things i already done, but they are not relevant to helix, p.m. me if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What, no template for Digital Performer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, d0stenning said:

Jack and Coke - hey no worries man.

 

But you put Coke in a single malt and I'll hunt you down. 

 

Make that an Islay malt and I'll come at you with an axe.


Man, here in Spain people here mix wine with coke, mostly cheap wines, but I've seen atrocities done to our finest Rioja and Ribera del Duero wines 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Inerzia said:


Man, here in Spain people here mix wine with coke, mostly cheap wines, but I've seen atrocities done to our finest Rioja and Ribera del Duero wines 

 

That’s insane, what possesses people to do something like that?

They have no taste. 

There should be a law against that!

Crime against wine!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Inerzia said:


Man, here in Spain people here mix wine with coke, mostly cheap wines, but I've seen atrocities done to our finest Rioja and Ribera del Duero wines 

 

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

 

That’s insane, what possesses people to do something like that?

They have no taste. 

There should be a law against that!

Crime against wine!

That is crime indeed!!! All people should know by now that wine is better with sprite or soda, not coke!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, arislaf said:

 

That is crime indeed!!! All people should know by now that wine is better with sprite or soda, not coke!!

 

Ha, ha, ha - so that’s what you put in your Retsina (Ρετσίνα)? What goes with the Ouzo?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, datacommando said:

 

Ha, ha, ha - so that’s what you put in your Retsina (Ρετσίνα)? What goes with the Ouzo?

Lovely one with the retsina!!! Now absolutely seriously, one time that i was sailing, (i am seaman) i brought ouzo with me. I shared it with the crew (filipinos) and they put fanta orange juice. I was shocked, but they insist on me to try it, and honestly it is really a great combination. Now greeks want to kill me though !!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, arislaf said:

 

That is crime indeed!!! All people should know by now that wine is better with sprite or soda, not coke!!

 

¡Vino y Casera!

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, here we all are ..... drinking heavily until 2.8 comes out.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, soundog said:

So, here we all are ..... drinking heavily until 2.8 comes out.

 Thanks been looking for a reason to drink! Will carry on about sailing, was drinking with ukrainians, were looking for a reason to drink, (no more name days or birrhdays) and finally we drunk for the glass that is square bottom and not round.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, arislaf said:

 Thanks been looking for a reason to drink! Will carry on about sailing, was drinking with ukrainians, were looking for a reason to drink, (no more name days or birrhdays) and finally we drunk for the glass that is square bottom and not round.... 

What about drinking for each letter of the alphabet .. all alphabets?

 

Just a thought!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×