Sign in to follow this  
The_Elf

Reverb tails cutting off in Cubase 10

Helix Native works fine in Cantabile, for instance, but in Cubase 10 the reverb tails cut off before they've faded out. Is this a known issue?

Strange. Are you certain there is not a gate set somewhere? 

Absolutely sure. I've checked this on two different PCs with the same result. There's obviously something strange happening between Helix Native and Cubase. It renders it pretty much unusable for me.

We'll need another Cubase user to test it on their setup. Another question ... is this when applying Helix on a track (real-time playback), or when rendering (bouncing) the audio file?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, The_Elf said:

Absolutely sure. I've checked this on two different PCs with the same result. There's obviously something strange happening between Helix Native and Cubase. It renders it pretty much unusable for me.

I have to agree with “soundog” that we need another Cubase user to be able to check this anomaly of the trimmed reverb. As you have already stated that the reverb tails are fine when using Cantabile, if that is correct, I would have to conclude that the issue lies somewhere within the settings in Cubase. I can’t say that I have ever encountered a situation where reverb cuts off before the fade ends naturally, other than when bouncing or rendering an audio file and forgetting to turn on the option to extend the reverb beyond the end of the track. Doh!

Just tested 1.81 - problem fixed! Finally I can use the Native version in my Cubase projects.

Thanks to all at Line 6.

This is the second 'they've fixed it - THANK YOU' I've typed on this forum this morning - this is a good day!

• Upvote 2