Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cloud connection errors

Pacemaker1000

I have the same damn problem! The warnings don't go away until I delete the remote app & reinstall & then the previously "deleted" tones reappear. Now I have duplicates & even triplicates of the deleted tones. This happens on both my iPad 4 & iPhone 8+. Line 6 absolutely needs to fix this problem! I don't think they spend an awful lot of time working on the app. Support ARE YOU LISTENING??!!

• Upvote 1

Yes same as me.

whenever I load the app I have to ok at least half a dozen prompts relating to failed I cloud updates before use.

Dont recall this fault before last iOS update and need a fix quickly!

ps I’m still awaiting a fix for not being able to return to the app after it’s been in background mode. Locks up and again needs reloading, made worse now by the constant error messages popping up.

this is bordering on unusable Line 6!

please fix 

• Upvote 1

I am having exactly the same problem...

It's making it very difficult for me to work with my amplify reliably...

Given the lack of a fix for such a long time I'm not hopeful L6 are that interested really... Sad news

I wonder if the problem is the users more than it is Line 6?   Customtone seems to work fine for downloading tones, but customtone is becoming a swamp of poorly described tones.  The vast majority of people uploading tones don't provide any descriptions of effects, amp models, songs, or equipment emulated.  Since the cloud  is an even more dynamic interface than customtone, is it possible that the cloud tone storage is overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mess uploaded and deleted on a daily basis?   I should admit upfront that I am old, grumpy, and somewhat computer illiterate.  I have not uploaded a single tone so I can't be too critical of those people who are sharing their work with other musicians.  Thanks guys!  I just wish it were less of a mess to wade through. 

That may be true Rayk86ss but that still doesn't solve the problem. Perhaps if there was a way for users to access their account in the cloud itself, we might be able to delete the tones directly. I have an email in to support about this issue. Thanks for the feedback. It makes sense but am eagerly awaiting a response from line6. 

8D725AC6-957C-4F38-8EF5-317D8E1C5665.png

My problem is not custom tones but just loading the app and accessing my OWN tones stored on the server. About eight connection error warnings when loading the app. If I delete a tone it comes back on reloading the app?

pain especially as constant reloading is necessary due to amp connection issue when in background mode  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having the same problems. I have to hit the "OK" message around 16 times. It is also locking up and I have to restart the app. Because of this I can't use it for a gig. It's sad since the main reason I got the amp is because I could "control" it from the IPad.

I found a way to delete tones but you have to go to the line6 website, sign in, then go to Custom Tones. Choose My Tones and select the tone you want to get rid of and delete it. Turn on your Spider, restart your app & the tone should be gone without the error messages. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...