Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

links to download presets

ferargue

Hi, I'm new to the Helix LT and I'm looking for links to download presets. I have seen here a topic where a lot of links to download IRs and cabs are included and I wonder if there is something similar for the presets
Thank you!
regards!

Welcome.

First, there are a lot of Factory presets to check out which are already loaded into your LT.  The Helix community uploads patches to the  LIne 6 CustomTone site.  Here you can search by title, artist, etc. and download presets. 

Line6.com/customtone

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, lhumphreys said:

Hello all, what is the best way to transfer sounds from the customtone site into the Helix rack?

thanks

Hi. 

The way to get any Customtone, or paided for 3rd party preset, into your hardware is by using HX Edit. Hook up your Rack to HX Edit and wherever you see "New Preset" displayed you can simply drag and drop the "FILENAME.hlx" file on to the empty slot. Or select an empty preset space, highlight it and select "Import" from the top of the Presets list. You can even overwrite patches you no longer require, but always have a back up copy.

Be aware that when you import a preset created by someone else the levels may be very, very loud - see the warning in the Orange Banner at the top of this page.

Also, when you import other users presets, they may have been created in earlier versions of the firmware. When you restart your Rack it may go through the "Rebuilding Presets" routine - this is normal because the engine in the hardware needs to make the preset compatible with whatever version of the firmware you are using.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 1 year later...

Very helpful, thanks for tips and warnings.

I am invery interested in the Helix Floor product and would absolutely want to share/download custom presets, so glad CustomTone exists. I am also an Amplifi user and really like the ease of searching for tones created by others.

Are there any hardware updates to Helix Floor model coming in 2022?  And/or any more firmware updates (currently on firmware 3.0 i believe)?

There will be no hardware updates unless certain existing components become unavailable, as happened with the Pod HD500 necessitating a minor upgrade to the HD500X. But nothing is planned afaik.

Current firmware is v3.11. Regular updates are expected to continue for some time yet.

• Thanks 1