Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lost All My Tone 2 Sounds On Pod X3 Live

bulkela

The second bank of tones that I have in my setup has all defaulted to one setting, for no apparent reason.  Must be a bug in the hardware. The setups can be saved and reloaded via Gearbox (running the most up to date vs3.72 and line monkey vs1.65) but the Pd X3 Live display just shows Tone 1 changing and Tone 2 remaining constantly set on 'Mr Clean'.  I can't figure out how to get this to stop! And I've got a gig tomorrow!  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there some button I've pressed on the controls that could have caused this? Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks for the advice but I just checked and the padlock is open. I managed to restore the settings (again) by reloading them in from Line6 Monkey, I checked them in Gearbox, then quickly disconnected the usb cable.  After turning the unit off and on it seems to be recovered, although I don't trust that it is stable.  This happened  before last week and I fear its corruption in the control software. When I was practicing yesterday it was fine for a while.  Then I left the unit on while I went to do other things.  When I returned to resume working it had defaulted to this 'locked' tone 2 scenario.  I don't trust it now and I will not tinker with it before my gig tonight!  I think I have to buy a different effects unit. I am planning to thoroughly read the manual today.....

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The second bank of tones that I have in my setup has all defaulted to one setting, for no apparent reason.  Must be a bug in the hardware. The setups can be saved and reloaded via Gearbox (running the most up to date vs3.72 and line monkey vs1.65) but the Pd X3 Live display just shows Tone 1 changing and Tone 2 remaining constantly set on 'Mr Clean'.  I can't figure out how to get this to stop! And I've got a gig tomorrow!  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there some button I've pressed on the controls that could have caused this? Is there a workaround for this?

I have the same problem....hope they send out a fix soon

• Sad 1

They are no longer doing any x3 development...

if unlocking tone2 as stated above doesn't work for you...

you will have to figure out the issue or provide more details...

there is no fix coming.

• 2 weeks later...

editing a tone with Gearbox and Pod X3 the tone gets saved without me actually saving the tone,

If I want to discard my edited tone and revert to my original tone I cant because the tone has been updated

Is there any way to stop this happening  

• 8 years later...

Hello, I read about your problem (because it is exactly the same as what I have in my hands at the moment, and I'm desperately looking for a solution here on the forum.... did you manage to solve yours (and now also my problem, with your POD X3 Live)?
If yes, can you explain to me how you solved it. Thank you in advance!

P.S : I finally found someone with the same problem, it's an anguish to look for this error in other owners of this pedalboard and not find anything similar.

On 12/21/2013 at 1:42 AM, bulkela said:

Hello, I read about your problem (because it is exactly the same as what I have in my hands at the moment, and I'm desperately looking for a solution here on the forum.... did you manage to solve yours (and now also my problem, with your POD X3 Live)?

P.S : I finally found someone with the same problem, it's an anguish to look for this error in other owners of this pedalboard and not find anything similar.

On 2/2/2014 at 4:43 PM, wambli1 said:

• 5 months later...