Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External tempo sync causing glitches in delays

AndyCopeman

Hi,

Using a Helix Floor, firmware 2.71.

If I have tempo sync turned off the delays work beautifully. When I sync tempo to Ableton, there are dramatic glitches in the delayed signal, even with the Tap Tempo set to "transparent". 

This has only been an issue since I updated to 2.71.

I haven't tried all the delays, but this certainly affects the Ping Pong and Transistor Tape blocks, which are the main ones I use. As I play a lot of very ambient, slow stuff, this is very noticeable and very annoying.

My setup: Songs are set by selecting a scene in Ableton, which selects tempo and also sends PC info to the Helix (as well as to my Boss VE 500 voice processor). I then use Helix buttons to send midi messages to Ableton to start and stop clips for beats, backing etc. It all worked perfectly until I did the firmware upgrade.

I hope someone can help me!

thanks

Andy

I know you said it is, but did you double-check the Tempo Pitch is set to Transparent? I only say that because I've had it change back on its own to Authentic a few times after doing updates. Beyond that, I do kind of remember this coming up on the Facebook group as a bug.

• 4 months later...