Sign in to follow this  
glideman

so, after a year or so, I finally mess with my #1 preset...

4 snaps, 4 stomps, 3 amp models.

1. Clean

2. Crunch/slight breakup

3. Classic/hard rock/lead

4. Heavy/lead

All I did was run through all the other cab models and ended up saving 3 more versions.  Didn't even change default Mic models.

While I knew this would happen, I've just been in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it..." mode.  Plus, I've been piddling with the Axe FX 3 to get it ready for gigging.

Needless to say, I'm excited to try out my 3 new versions of Old Faithful at this Saturday's gig!

I think it speaks volumes that I've been using the same presets for the most part for around 2 years. LoL!

thats very cool.  I've been using my 'core' presets for better part of almost 9 months.  Few changes here and there to how I'm boosting them at times...,but that is more of a feel rather than tone thing.  

Can I ask to share the details of your 'rig' in the presets and what you have your stomps/snaps/amps set to.  I dont need exact settings as that is always a variable that will never translate from one to another...but curious on how you structure and control the snaps/stomps and get the variance in tones mostly.  If you dont want to share publicly feel free to pm me, and if not at all, I can respect that as well for sure!!  

I'd pop a screenshot, but it's basically a Glenn Delaune 3 amp snapshot that I really liked the layout of.  Probably copyright problems if I did that publicly.

Everything was completely set to my preferences (he used all MkV amp model/channels, I threw an Archon channel in for the heavy/lead 4th snapshot).

I think I may have changed the one kicker dirt pedal from the original, but I'm not 100% sure.

Here's a nice ASCII stick diagram... LoL!!!!!

Snap 1 is CalRyth1 for clean, one of the delays is on and switchable with a stomp.

Snap 2 is CalRhyth2 with lower gain and no TS808.  I keep the Del off unless I need it for a lead.

Snap 3 is CalRhyth2 with higher gain and the TS808.  I keep the Del off unless I need it for a lead or something.

Snap 4 is ArchLead... and it cranks.  Very much!  but warm and toasty!

I think only one snapshot has a change on an EQ block.

4 stomps are CleanBoost (one of the EQ's), Phaser, Chorus, and Delay.

>>>>>>>>>>-----DlxComp------Wah--------DlxPhaser-----------UbiqVibe------------Scrm808-----------CaliRhyth2-----------ArchLead--------->>>>>>>>>>|

V

|                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

V

X>>>>>>>>>---CalRyth1----CabRino------SimpEQ--------SimpDelay----|--------|-------TrinChor-----VintDigDelay----ChamberVrb-------Vol---->>>>>>>

|         |

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|         |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             |

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SimpEQ-----SimpDelay-------SimpDelay---------------------------------------|

ok, that's basically what I was picturing in my head.  Thank you for sharing some of the guts.  I just enjoy trying different setups and exploring if they work better for me and while doing it from scratch can be rewarding as well, I usually need a jumpstart to explore and get it setup or at least have something to work towards.

Thanks again!

It's a very flexible layout... and things can easily be replaced/changed/shuffled.

Nice.  Thanks.  Now I have to go back to the drawing board! ;-)