Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Time to take the plunge

patdixon

I've been using my LT for almost a year now as mostly a stomp; only 2 songs use amp modeling. Noise issues at idle are making me change to 100% amp sims (the 2 I use are dead silent).

Any tips / vids / tricks you can throw my way? I've got a pair of Rockit 5s to use for FRFR setup, any help much appreciated, thanks.

6 hours ago, patdixon said:

I've been using my LT for almost a year now as mostly a stomp; only 2 songs use amp modeling. Noise issues at idle are making me change to 100% amp sims (the 2 I use are dead silent).

Any tips / vids / tricks you can throw my way? I've got a pair of Rockit 5s to use for FRFR setup, any help much appreciated, thanks.

https://line6.com/support/topic/22741-collection-of-user-programming-tips-to-improve-presets-and-tones/

Update and PSA-

I've been watching the vids & still plan to use more amp models; as one poster said I'm only using 10% of what the Helix is capable of. However, the noise @ idle issue mentioned above has been completely fixed! I had put a noise gate after the drive blocks but before the amp send/return fx loop. Putting it after the fx loop totally made it dead silent! Anyone who is using 4cm with a high gain amp should do this, in addition to the hum eliminator mentioned in Ronald Kasper's YT vid.  

• Upvote 1