Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Complete Reset?

Highroller54

Hello,

Just recently picked up a new 500x.  During the first few days of messing with it and searching for a tone I changed a lot of perimeters during the learning curve.  Now that I have some things figured out, I would like to reset the unit back to exactly how it came out of the box, all settings.  How do you do this?

Thanks for the help!

You need to reinstall the firmware. Run Line 6 Monkey to do this.

I did that, but notice a lot of thing didn't change, like all my thrown together experiment patches are still there and some of the utilities settings didn't change. Is there a step I'm missing, something more than just re-installing the firmware and then powering down for at least 5 seconds?

Yes - during the installation you need to choose to replace, not keep, your existing presets. And following the installation you need to reset the global parameters and then recalibrate the pedal.

Detailed procedures can be found with a quick search of the Knowledge Base.

Thank you this worked, although I had to cheat the expression pedal calibration.  Every time I calibrated the pedal it would max heel at 25 and not zero, finally I set the pedal about a 1/4" off total heel and that worked.  Not sure why this did this, but it seems to work ok, but there may be an issue with it.

Thanks again