guitarbloke1980

HX Stomp - Sudden Loss of Sound

Twice yesterday whilst jamming at home (just guitar into Stomp and Stomp into an FRFR speaker), the sound just suddenly cut out completely.

The Stomp remained powered on and wasn't frozen, I still could switch to different presets, but zero sound was coming out.  Up until this point I had been playing quite happily for an hour or so.

I had to power the Stomp off and back on which got things back on track right away, but it's a little worrying if this were to happen at a live show.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have not experienced this issue.

Have you checked every thing else in your signal chain such as the cable and output jack of your guitar,  the cable to your FRFR speaker, and the FRFR speaker itself? Could it be a power issue? I know it is very basic troubleshooting but I would want to eliminate any other possibility. 

Good luck, sir.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, macelind said:

I have not experienced this issue.

Have you checked every thing else in your signal chain such as the cable and output jack of your guitar,  the cable to your FRFR speaker, and the FRFR speaker itself? Could it be a power issue? I know it is very basic troubleshooting but I would want to eliminate any other possibility. 

Good luck, sir.

Yup, I checked all the cables were seated correctly etc, but it seems strange that it was as soon as the Stomp had powered up again that everything roared back to life.

18 minutes ago, guitarbloke1980 said:

Yup, I checked all the cables were seated correctly etc, but it seems strange that it was as soon as the Stomp had powered up again that everything roared back to life.

I've had it happen twice in a seven month period.

• Upvote 1

This is actually quite common across the product range. Hasn't happened to me for a long time, but did happen a couple of times when I first got my Helix floor. Seems to have been cured by an update. 

If L6 has ever addressed this, I didn't see it. Anybody?

• Upvote 1

I'll keep an eye on it, if it becomes more of an issue then I'll send it away to be repaired.  It's only about 3 months old at the moment.

Thanks guys!

This is happening to me, I have a new HX Stomp, all of a sudden the audio fades out, now what, got rid of my pedalboard...

2 hours ago, scottcarstens said:

This is happening to me, I have a new HX Stomp, all of a sudden the audio fades out, now what, got rid of my pedalboard...

What you said doesn't at all fit what they're describing.

Perhaps you should describe your scenario further.

When I'm playing through the HX Stomp, it will all of a sudden sound a little weird, then the audio just fades out, or in and out. I then need to restart it. It does it regardless of the amplifier I use. This is particularly annoying since I just purchased this thing, spent a good deal of time setting up presets, and sold my pedalboard to pay for it...

2 hours ago, scottcarstens said:

When I'm playing through the HX Stomp, it will all of a sudden sound a little weird, then the audio just fades out, or in and out. I then need to restart it. It does it regardless of the amplifier I use. This is particularly annoying since I just purchased this thing, spent a good deal of time setting up presets, and sold my pedalboard to pay for it...

That sounds more to me like a hardware defect. I would open up a support ticket with Line 6. I've never had it "fade out." It sometimes . . . very rarely . . .  if I change a preset goes completely quiet and I have to reset. 

This has happened to my Stomp about 3 or 4 times in 6 months. I play multiple times every day, so statistically very seldom. It has only happened at home and, I believe, while connected via USB to my Mac. I play live once a week and it has never happened there. So I wonder if it is related to the USB connection, which is flaky anyway (HX Edit drops connection frequently).

Like the OP, power cycling the Stomp fixes it immediately.

I'm on firmware 2.71, going to update to 2.8x and see if it persists.

Just had this happen to me for the first time.  Is this a known software bug or a potential hardware problem.

Just stops the audio (I am only using headphones), but the pedal responds to footswitch and editor commands.

It's been known to happen. Update to the latest version (2.82) using the HX Edit file. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Some have said it happens when connected to HX Edit (USB).

If after updating, it happens again, open a support ticket.