Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Custom Tones Download - No Joy

warcloudwells

92 custom tone downloads are listed for HD500X, but none of the instructions seem to sucessfully install them.  My EDIT and MONKEY software/firmware is current.  I got the downloads over to my windows (vista) computer but can't seem to move them into my SETLIST.  Never attempted this before, caus' I'm enjoying my tweaked presets for the Les Paul and my acoustic tones so far.  Yet the "compatibility list" seems to exclude what I am trying to do.   

I've used HD500 edit a lot, but now MONKEY does nothing for me since I upgraded from the old X3L.

Those custom tones look pretty cool....how to get them transfered?

warcloudwells

After downloading the files to your computer, run Hd500x Edit. Drag/drop the tone files into any preset slot in the edit program. Then use the Send command in edit to transfer the tones to your device.

Note that all HD500 tones are also directly transferable to the HD500x using the same method.

My Customtone saga ~  I have a HD 500X. Without reason,when downloading or uploading from/to Customtone the file extensions have become L6t's. I never changed any drivers or fiemware. It just "happened". When I try opening a HD tone from my PC files they want to open in "Gearbox" and NOT HD Edit. I removed the Gearbox software from my PC and  most of my HD files have become an "unknown" file extensions. I can't change them back to 5xe's either.

I've tried removing and reinstalling all HD drivers and firmware which has no affect.

• Upvote 1

Ive the same problem as Just Startin with files downloading as L6t extensions. Please put me out of my misery and explain how to resolve this. Thanks

Download your tones and try using this ~  http://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd

I'm not sure why they download in L6t (which I think is GearBox extension).