Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Ux1 / Pod Farm 2.55 Plugin Feedback And Cpu Issues In Logic 9

Hi there.

I have recently installed a brand new MacMini (2.6Ghz CPU, 16GB RAM) and worked on a couple of mixes with POD Farm 2.55 with the UX1 set as an output device only in Logic 9. I used the POD Farm plugin for the dry guitar signals and everything worked like a charm.

However, I wanted to record some additional guitar tracks in the very same project, so I set up the UX1 as an input device as well. As a result, I'm getting a lot of noise and feedback from the guitar signal. So much, that it's impossible to record a clean track. I have activated the noise gate/s and it doesn't help at all. Turning them off makes it worse, though.

The weird thing is, I also tried the standalone version of POD Farm 2.55 with the very same presets and the problem doesn't occur. So in Logic, I tried to bypass the only other plugin on the track (an EQ) and muted all the other tracks apart from the one that I use with POD Farm. The problem remains the same.

Also, as soon as I set up the UX1 as an input device, it maxes out one of the cores of my CPU, so it is constantly in the red.

I hope someone can help with this, because I need to work with those units/plugins. I record music for a living, so this needs to be figured out.

Thanks in advance! :)

In Logic, make sure you are using the UX1 ASIO driver for the device - not some other driver such as ASIO4ALL.

Also, when recording, make sure you turn OFF the Record Monitoring feature in Logic; use the UX1 as the monitor.

In Logic, make sure you are using the UX1 ASIO driver for the device - not some other driver such as ASIO4ALL.

Also, when recording, make sure you turn OFF the Record Monitoring feature in Logic; use the UX1 as the monitor.

Where do I find the settings for the driver selection?

Turning off the software monitoring helps with the CPU, but not with the feedback. And how do I make the UX1 still work as a monitor when the software monitoring is turned off with the UX1 as the output device?

Sorry - my mistake. ASIO is for Windows systems - your Mac driver should be Core Audio.

It should be in Logic's Audio Preferences, I don't have a Mac, but it might just be listed as UX1.

btw, if you run Monkey do you have green ticks for drivers, firmware and PF2.5?

It should be in Logic's Audio Preferences, I don't have a Mac, but it might just be listed as UX1.

btw, if you run Monkey do you have green ticks for drivers, firmware and PF2.5?

Yeah, it's only listed as UX1 and all the ticks are green. I re-installed everything today and updated to the latest versions.

Are your speakers/monitors connected to the UX?

Yep.

I have opened a support ticket with Line6 and it seems to be a problem that is currently investigated in general.

In the meantime, someone who's using Reaper told me he has the exact same feedback issue. I hope it's getting solved soon, I want to get back to work and be able to use the product.