mcangus23

Custom Tone for Helix Native

Hi there folks. I have had an HD 500 and have recently purchased an HXFX for use with my amp. I also recently purchased Helix Native for recording on my mac. There are not all that many patches for HXFX on customtone, but heaps for Helix etc. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to download cutomtone patches iinto Helix native? CANt seem to work out a way to do it. Cheers!

Can you not just drag/drop a downloaded Customtone file for Helix into any Helix Native preset slot?

I think Helix Native also has an Import function but drag/drop seems simpler.

Also,  and I'm not at all sure about this, you may need to disconnect your HX FX while doing this. It's possible that HN is detecting the attached HXFX and limiting presets to only HXFX-compatible ones. I suppose it's possible that HN does this though I doubt it.

HI there, thanks for that , will give it a go. I didn't have the HX connected at the time so it wasn't that i don't think. When I double click on the downloaded preset it tried to open in HX edit and comes up with the message 'no device connected. But  I haven't tried to drag and drop. Will give it go. Thanks!

I expect the double-clicking behaviour is because you have the HX Edit program defined as the default program for using files of type *.hlx. You could change that if you wish.

You need to drag it in to Helix edit cant double click it as Silver has stated - best way to do it is dragging it into the placement (folder) of your choice in Helix edit otherwise you dont have control over where its going to be stored - prob can do it if you associate the preset file with Helix edit - just a bad habit to get into