Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD Desktop - broken USB jack: replacement?

Alex_SF

My Pod HD Desktop's USB jack is broken. Probably my fault for leaving it under my desk with a computer right behind it; I'm guessing it got knocked by the cleaning lady or maybe even me.  I opened up the unit to inspect, and the jack has a piece that now slides back when you insert the connector.  I tried holding that piece in place while inserting the connector, and still no connection to the computer.

Has anyone replaced their USB jack? Is a board-mounted female Type B jack a standardized part that I can buy with pretty good confidence that it will fit this unit, or do the specs vary as far as dimensions, connectors, etc.? Rather not pay $90/hour plus shipping to send this unit to Line 6 for service if I can avoid it.

Thank you, hurghanico -- that looks like exactly what I need.  Ordered.

I appreciate the heads-up from you and silverhead regarding a potentially damaged circuit board, and I will inspect it for cracked traces, etc. when I go to swap out the USB jack.  If the circuit board's broken, I can just replace the unit for $150 used, rather than spend a bunch on servicing to find that out and still have to replace it.  I just hope that I backed up all my saved presets last time I made any changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the pointers to FullCompass for the parts.  I just replaced the USB jack, and also the rotary encoder, which I discovered was also messed up (I normally use Pod HD Edit to switch patches on this thing, so no telling how long that's been broken).  The four USB jack connectors that solder to the board were totally sheared off; I'm sure now that the unit got kicked or something while plugged in on the floor.  Fired it up and tested the connections; both replaced parts seem to be working correctly now.

One last question, if anyone's still paying attention: I found these little black plastic bushings or spacers inside the unit (like a 3/8" long section of hard plastic tubing, about 3/8" in diameter), but can't tell what they go to.  The unit went back together fine with nothing seemingly loose; does anyone know what those spacers do?